News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Things that make you chuckle

Started by Dave, September 06, 2017, 06:32:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tom62

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on February 23, 2021, 12:56:33 AM

Where did Van Gogh? :notsure:

Incomprehensible for Dutch people, because Vincent Willem van Gogh's name is not pronounced like Van Go.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Tank

Quote from: Tom62 on February 23, 2021, 07:43:12 AM

Incomprehensible for Dutch people, because Vincent Willem van Gogh's name is not pronounced like Van Go.

Well you can't leave that hanging. How is it pronounced?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tom62

Quote from: Tank on February 23, 2021, 08:38:05 AM

Well you can't leave that hanging. How is it pronounced?

Just click on the link
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

xSilverPhinx

Heh, in Portuguese it's a little bit closer to the Dutch pronunciation then, "Van Gog".

Tank

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

xSilverPhinx

Randy

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on February 23, 2021, 11:54:48 PM

That's a truism if I've ever heard one. I used to say that it is possible that the sun won't come up tomorrow but the probability is close to zero.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

xSilverPhinx

Tank

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Randy

"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

xSilverPhinx

Go little guy, go! :lol:

He's probably trying to escape Ctrl. ::)

Dark Lightning