News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Pre-cambrian ecology

Started by Tank, March 24, 2021, 04:43:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Well worth a watch explaining how chemical fossils give clues about organism biochemistry.

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Randy

That was an interesting video. I couldn't hear all of it (chemo damaged my hearing) but I was able to follow along. I don't understand everything as that is way out from my expertise. In other words, I'm not the brightest crayon in the box. :)
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Tank

Quote from: Randy on March 24, 2021, 07:05:02 PM
That was an interesting video. I couldn't hear all of it (chemo damaged my hearing) but I was able to follow along. I don't understand everything as that is way out from my expertise. In other words, I'm not the brightest crayon in the box. :)

I found it fascinating that they can still find the fossil chemicals from the metabolism after 600 million years.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Icarus

Fascinating, Tank. Our world is so full of mysteries that we have almost infinite much to discover. Here's a salute to the research guy. He and his peers may eventually lead us to the path of truth. 

I doubt that the earth was actually created in six days.

Tank

Quote from: Icarus on March 25, 2021, 12:52:38 AM
Fascinating, Tank. Our world is so full of mysteries that we have almost infinite much to discover. Here's a salute to the research guy. He and his peers may eventually lead us to the path of truth. 

I doubt that the earth was actually created in six days.

I'm with you on that.