News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Hey Mags!!

Started by Biggus Dickus, June 27, 2017, 10:39:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggus Dickus

Hey Mags,

It's so weird reading my previous posts in this thread as I've been thinking lately how sick I was back in January with a strange respiratory illness. Like others who were sick around the same time I wonder if I had contracted the coronavirus back then as their are reports that it was probably more prevalent than we thought.

Anyway we had to cancel our trip to Honduras, I think we canceled the trip almost three weeks ago...strange, because at the time we were thinking we were being maybe overly cautious and that maybe things would be better by now. If it was just an ordinary vacation canceling wouldn't have been such an issue, but one of the main points of the visit were to spend time with Socorro's mom, she's 93 now so at the time it was a difficult decision to make.

Depending on how things develop with the virus we do plan on rescheduling our trip for later this year. Funny we were supposed to be departing a week from today,...I was so excited for the trip as the first five days were to have been spent in the Bay Islands. Had all my gear cleaned, prepped and ready to go.

At first the resort didn't want to refund our money back. We paid half up front, but about a week or so ago they finally consented to refund us in full since all flights into that part of the world are now cancelled.

So right now we're just hunkering down in our home like the rest of the world. I've been working from home for the last two weeks, and it appears I'll being do so for at least another 2-3 weeks as well, unless I get laid off of course, but I think I'm good at least for a couple more weeks. Keeping my digits crossed.

I hope you and your family are doing well, along with everyone else here at HAF.

Strange times indeed.

Let me know what's going on over in your part of the world. Tomorrow we are doing a family video chat, and will be joined by my niece and her husband who live in California, they've been hunkered down for a couple weeks now.

See ya around, and take of yourself Mags :o

Your bestest friend Bruno 8)
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Magdalena

Quote from: Papasito Bruno on March 28, 2020, 08:07:23 PM
Hey Mags,

It's so weird reading my previous posts in this thread as I've been thinking lately how sick I was back in January with a strange respiratory illness. Like others who were sick around the same time I wonder if I had contracted the coronavirus back then as their are reports that it was probably more prevalent than we thought.

Anyway we had to cancel our trip to Honduras, I think we canceled the trip almost three weeks ago...strange, because at the time we were thinking we were being maybe overly cautious and that maybe things would be better by now. If it was just an ordinary vacation canceling wouldn't have been such an issue, but one of the main points of the visit were to spend time with Socorro's mom, she's 93 now so at the time it was a difficult decision to make.

Depending on how things develop with the virus we do plan on rescheduling our trip for later this year. Funny we were supposed to be departing a week from today,...I was so excited for the trip as the first five days were to have been spent in the Bay Islands. Had all my gear cleaned, prepped and ready to go.

At first the resort didn't want to refund our money back. We paid half up front, but about a week or so ago they finally consented to refund us in full since all flights into that part of the world are now cancelled.

So right now we're just hunkering down in our home like the rest of the world. I've been working from home for the last two weeks, and it appears I'll being do so for at least another 2-3 weeks as well, unless I get laid off of course, but I think I'm good at least for a couple more weeks. Keeping my digits crossed.

I hope you and your family are doing well, along with everyone else here at HAF.

Strange times indeed.

Let me know what's going on over in your part of the world. Tomorrow we are doing a family video chat, and will be joined by my niece and her husband who live in California, they've been hunkered down for a couple weeks now.

Awww, Bruno, you are one of my many bestest friends around here.  :hug2:

"Strange times indeed."
Yes.

Good to know you and your family are doing OK.

Unfortunately, we are part of the millions who don't qualify for the federal government's stimulus plan, but we'll be fine. We'll find a way.
;)

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Magdalena on March 28, 2020, 08:22:04 PM
Quote from: Papasito Bruno on March 28, 2020, 08:07:23 PM
Hey Mags,

Strange times indeed.

Awww, Bruno, you are one of my many bestest friends around here.  :hug2:

"Strange times indeed."
Yes.

Good to know you and your family are doing OK.

Unfortunately, we are part of the millions who don't qualify for the federal government's stimulus plan, but we'll be fine. We'll find a way.
;)

Sorry you don't qualify for the stimulus plan. :'(

To me it's outrageous that this stimulus bill gives corporations nearly four times as much money as hospitals on the front lines. Corporate welfare is bad enough in normal times. Now, in a national emergency, I find it's morally repugnant.

I also like how a two trillion dollar bill just passed without anyone ever asking, "How are you going to pay for it?"

I really hate Trump right now Mags, even more than I hated Crow!

Just saying ::)

Icarus

Bruno, you are only one of the growing legion of people who are not much enamored of Trump.   The liar in chief is not really the "stable genius" that he has continuously claimed to be. 

Sorry that your trip to Honduras has been trashed.  No way to have anticipated a world shaking event like the "Chinese virus".

.........Fuck the Trumpster and the horse that he rode in on.

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Icarus on March 29, 2020, 02:30:26 AM
Bruno, you are only one of the growing legion of people who are not much enamored of Trump.   The liar in chief is not really the "stable genius" that he has continuously claimed to be. 

Sorry that your trip to Honduras has been trashed.  No way to have anticipated a world shaking event like the "Chinese virus".

.........Fuck the Trumpster and the horse that he rode in on.

I've never respected that two-bit tin horn piece of shit. My wife says that since he's the president, we should respect that. Given what I see of behavior and performance, he gets negative respect from me. Scorn is a pretty mild descriptor of my feelings in the matter, to say the least. My handle for him is "the chump", and it is all I will ever use. Well, "Prisoner #45" has a nice ring to it. :smilenod: One of my friends voted for the chump, but is really pissed about his handling of the current issue. What else did anyone expect? The man is completely unqualified for the job. After all the businesses he's bankrupted, now he's going to bankrupt the US. People claiming that we needed a business man at the helm should be appalled at what he's doing, but I hear people talking all the time about what a great job he is doing.  :d'oh!:

Magdalena

Quote from: Papasito Bruno on March 28, 2020, 11:28:11 PM

I really hate Trump right now Mags, even more than I hated Crow!

Just saying ::)
:console:
Aww, Papasito Bruno, that's a lot of hate.  :(

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

No one

There is no curse in Elvish, Entish, or the tongues of Men to illustrate my hatred for that idiot in chief.

Dark Lightning

Quote from: No one on March 29, 2020, 08:02:48 PM
There is no curse in Elvish, Entish, or the tongues of Men to illustrate my hatred for that idiot in chief.

Does "loofah-faced shitgibbon" work? How about "syphilitic blastocyst"? How about 4-door brass chrome-plated pig-butt sniffing son of a bitch? Hmm. We ought to start an "invective thread" to see who can come up with the most appropriate swear words. No death threats, though. One never knows who is looking. Though if the chump was dropped onto a near-molten fire hydrant from altitude, I wouldn't be one to complain.  ;D

Biggus Dickus

Mags,

It's been some time since we chatted hasn't it? Spring, summer and now fall have passed since I was last here I think. What a strange year and time it is...and I'm sure 2021 will be as odd and strange as well, though I have to say with the election of Biden and Harris I have become more optimistic about the what the future will be.

I hope you are well, and things out in Kalifornia are bearable...my niece who lives out your way was here visiting several weeks ago and she was anxious to get back, even though she had a good time visiting here, said she missed the warm weather.

Anyway I will have to update here more in the next few days...I think I owe you a song as well, don't I?

Talk soon Mags 8)

Icarus

DL I get the distinct impression that you do not approve of our (stable genius) president.

I will endeavor to think of  suitable invective as well. At the moment I am not as creative as I can be. A feeble effort to announce my negative feeling toward Trump  might be something like: "miserable pigfucker" That is not quite sufficient, nor suitably descriptive.  I will try to do better. 

I reckon that both of us will be punished in the afterlife for being so uncharitable.  I will buy you a beer when we meet in Hell.

Magdalena

It's good to have you back, PB.
:tellmemore:

A lot of us enjoy your posts. Please tell us about everything that has happened in Michigan, tell me, was it liberated?  :grin:
...Oh, and I think you do owe us a song as well.

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Icarus on November 11, 2020, 01:19:05 AM
DL I get the distinct impression that you do not approve of our (stable genius) president.

I will endeavor to think of  suitable invective as well. At the moment I am not as creative as I can be. A feeble effort to announce my negative feeling toward Trump  might be something like: "miserable pigfucker" That is not quite sufficient, nor suitably descriptive.  I will try to do better. 

I reckon that both of us will be punished in the afterlife for being so uncharitable.  I will buy you a beer when we meet in Hell.

Tom62 posted a nice article in another thread that takes on the chump's attributes with good effect and very little (if any) invective. It's a good thing that I know about hell being invented (well, stolen from an older religion by the RCC, after filing the serial numbers off and taking it as their own invention ca 500 CE). I'd still tip a brew with you!  :thumbsup:

Biggus Dickus

Hiya Mags,

I was thinking about you recently, and so I decided to stop by and say hello...I've been knocking at the door for a while, but no-one answered (Not No One, I mean no-one). JJ came the door, but when he saw it was me he slammed the door.

I hope you and your family are well, along with everyone else here at HAF.

I'm doing good.

I was thinking about you because the Michigan Department of Wildlife posted a warning about a some invasive species, one of which is the Spotted Lanternfly! (Lycorma delicatula) I actually think this is a moth, but whatever....

Apparently the spotted lanternfly sucks sap from the stems and leaves of orchard trees, grape vines, oaks, pines and other host plants. This feeding can weaken the plant, and eventually contribute to its death. Trees will develop weeping wounds that attract other insects and excreted fluids from spotted lanternflies can cause mold growth on plants. 

I saw this and I'm thinking, holy shit we got us a bunch of Magdalena's heading to Michigan!! Yay?!

It is pretty. (I was going to upload an image of this Butterfly, but the Imgur site isn't working (It say's my upload will resume after I watch an Ad, but it never does...sigh)

Anyway, I have to get back to work, just taking a short break...quite swamped actually.

Take care,

Your very bestest friend Bruno!!

Magdalena

Quote from: Papasito Bruno on April 26, 2021, 08:23:56 PM
Hiya Mags,

I was thinking about you recently, and so I decided to stop by and say hello...I've been knocking at the door for a while, but no-one answered (Not No One, I mean no-one). JJ came the door, but when he saw it was me he slammed the door.

I hope you and your family are well, along with everyone else here at HAF.

I'm doing good.

I was thinking about you because the Michigan Department of Wildlife posted a warning about a some invasive species, one of which is the Spotted Lanternfly! (Lycorma delicatula) I actually think this is a moth, but whatever....

Apparently the spotted lanternfly sucks sap from the stems and leaves of orchard trees, grape vines, oaks, pines and other host plants. This feeding can weaken the plant, and eventually contribute to its death. Trees will develop weeping wounds that attract other insects and excreted fluids from spotted lanternflies can cause mold growth on plants. 

I saw this and I'm thinking, holy shit we got us a bunch of Magdalena's heading to Michigan!! Yay?!

It is pretty. (I was going to upload an image of this Butterfly, but the Imgur site isn't working (It say's my upload will resume after I watch an Ad, but it never does...sigh)

Anyway, I have to get back to work, just taking a short break...quite swamped actually.

Take care,

Your very bestest friend Bruno!!

That is such a beautiful way to say, "hello."

I'm still alive, thanks for asking. I hope you make time for us.  :love:

xSilverPhinx

:wave hi: Bruno! Drop by more often. :grin:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey