News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Buddy in England

Started by Claireliontamer, October 27, 2015, 08:15:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandra Craft

Wonderful travelog, Tank!  Really enjoyed it.

Oh, and I have no idea what future application this could have, but I'm storing it away:
Quote from: Tank on November 25, 2015, 12:07:27 PM
Oh! And if you apply light to a sleeping Dag he sounds like a small startled chicken!
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Guardian85

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on November 26, 2015, 08:21:58 AM

Oh, and I have no idea what future application this could have, but I'm storing it away:
Oh! And if you apply light to a sleeping Dag he sounds like a small startled chicken!
It was the noise that the door makes, not the light.

And I do not sound like a chicken!  >:(

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Tank

Quote from: Guardian85 on November 26, 2015, 10:24:39 AM
Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on November 26, 2015, 08:21:58 AM

It was the noise that the door makes, not the light.

And I do not sound like a chicken!  >:(
Cluck off! You do when startled!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

joeactor

Just catching up - looks like it was a grand time!

Really enjoyed the photos...

Ecurb Noselrub

Great photos.  Thanks for the good reporting. Sounds like everyone had fun.

Siz

Tank, I just, today, found your message on my phone from the morning-that-must-never-be-remembered - inviting me for breakfast. Thanks for the invite. Not sure what time that was but I do know I'd not have made it through breakfast in seemly fashion! I nursed a McDonalds coffee en-route home for a good hour before finding the strength to try solids... Hope y'all enjoyed your McMuffins!

Oh, and BTW, we played Cards Against Humanity this weekend at our dinner party - a hit, of course!

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Buddy

Quote from: Siz on December 15, 2015, 01:18:43 AM
Tank, I just, today, found your message on my phone from the morning-that-must-never-be-remembered - inviting me for breakfast. Thanks for the invite. Not sure what time that was but I do know I'd not have made it through breakfast in seemly fashion! I nursed a McDonalds coffee en-route home for a good hour before finding the strength to try solids... Hope y'all enjoyed your McMuffins!

Oh, and BTW, we played Cards Against Humanity this weekend at our dinner party - a hit, of course!

We ended up not going to McDonald's either. Ended up having breakfast curtesy of Mrs. Tank that morning I think. Details are a little fuzzy.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Tank

Quote from: Budhorse4 on December 15, 2015, 02:07:04 AM
Quote from: Siz on December 15, 2015, 01:18:43 AM

We ended up not going to McDonald's either. Ended up having breakfast curtesy of Mrs. Tank that morning I think. Details are a little fuzzy.
I know I did breakfast one day. Sunday was a lazy day when we went to Kirkstall Abbey and Museum.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Tank

Buddy

Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Tank

Guardian85

Seeing the flooding in York on the news the other day i imagined the Jorvik center would be fairly fucked in a flood.

Sad to see my prophetic skills remain as strong as ever.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-