News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldGit

Surely if the app is to be of any use, they need to give you enough time to use it.

Bad Penny

Quote from: Siz on February 27, 2016, 11:51:22 AM
Quote from: Claireliontamer on February 26, 2016, 09:05:11 PM
Quote from: Crow on February 26, 2016, 08:31:26 PM
Got fined £100 today. Got a phone call if I could go meet someone on the other side of town, walked to the tram station and one was pulling up so I jumped on. Got my phone out to pay on the app and prior to paying the inspectors jumped on and came to me first. Ah well but that is the most expensive three stop journey I have ever been on.

That's ridiculous. I'd appeal it!

On what grounds?

Ridiculousness, obviously, you can be so thick some times.
Look at his tee shirt, I know it doesn't look it, but,
you could reupholster the entire conveyance for the cost of it.
When did you inspectors start travelling in pairs anyway?
Oh ye, the deaths, they were rather messy weren't they?
You're not going to bother the foot on seat types then.
Ha, gotcha, you're profiling the safe to pinch people.

Bad Penny

Quote from: OldGit on February 27, 2016, 01:21:21 PM
Surely if the app is to be of any use, they need to give you enough time to use it.

Ye you're right, it fucking ridiculous

bring! bring! Ye? couldn't you get more? OK.
I've been appointed UK Urban Transit Authoritarian. 

If we give a hypothetical old git gent room, the loathsome will crawl through his hole.

Claireliontamer

Got fined £100 today. Got a phone call if I could go meet someone on the other side of town, walked to the tram station and one was pulling up so I jumped on. Got my phone out to pay on the app and prior to paying the inspectors jumped on and came to me first. Ah well but that is the most expensive three stop journey I have ever been on.

On what grounds?

That he was in the process of paying.

Bad Penny

Quote from: Claireliontamer on February 27, 2016, 02:13:47 PM

On what grounds?

That he was in the process of paying.

That's what they all say,
That's what I always say.

Crow

Usually you pay in advance. It does state on the tram you should have paid before hand I just happened to take the gamble and got unfortunate. The app is really quick once you have the stops and selected the type of ticket, it takes about 2 mins to do but that is longer than the time it takes to get to the next stop from the one I got on. I can't complain I know the rules, you get caught out you deal with the consequences. Just a typical jobsworth the rules are the rules no point in arguing with them.

The council has got really strict on transport payments recently. You could jump on the local trains and pay on the them (that was the norm due to the the queues) now they give you a ridiculous fine. Trams never use to have inspectors, now they are teeming with them. They must make a good amount of money to warrant the new employees.
Retired member.

Claireliontamer

Quote from: Crow on February 27, 2016, 02:52:48 PM

It does state on the tram you should have paid before hand.

In that case, I take back my case for appeal.

Biggus Dickus

Have you ever found yourself in this situation before?

Your're out late on a Friday night, you drink waaaay too much, and wake up the next morning with no idea about where you are or even whom you went to sleep with the night before?

I imagine that's how this poor dogs gonna feel when it wakes up and realizes it slept with a kat!

Hungover Grumpy

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

xSilverPhinx

I have to wake up early tomorrow. Seriously, who wakes up at 7:30?!  :rant1:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Firebird

I just blew a phone interview. Granted, it's not like I"m trying to get out of my current job, this company seeked me out and I decided to talk to them, but they're very well-known and I feel like a moron. I guess I panicked.
Funny enough, they still want to do a follow-up interview with me in three weeks with the understanding that I need to prep for it, but I'll probably pull out of the running. Not worth the stress right now.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

jumbojak

I put a set of rescued sockets in the soak last night and forgot about them. Turns out that CLR will eventually eat through chrome in addition to efficiently removing calcium, lime, and rust. The two ratchets turned out very nicely though. An old SK I think I'm going to really like as well as a Craftsman that will make a handy spare. Two tools that would've cost $50 and $15 respectively that I got for free. Might splurge on a rebuild kit for the SK as the ball is a bit too tight, but I'm happy with it for now.

Still grumpy about the sockets though...

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Tank

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on March 02, 2016, 12:25:48 AM
6:20 normally.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Claireliontamer

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on March 02, 2016, 12:25:48 AM

I normally leave the house at 7:30!

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tank on March 02, 2016, 06:42:58 AM
6:20 normally.

Quote from: Claireliontamer on March 02, 2016, 08:48:47 AM
I normally leave the house at 7:30!

:shocked: :shocked:

Morning people! How exotic.  :P
Normally I wake up at around 8:30 as I generally don't have anywhere to be in the early morning. Even then it's in full blown zombie mode. :zombie:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Ecurb Noselrub

I gut up at 5:00 am.  I go to the gym at 5:30 4-5 times a week.  I Can't sleep past 8:30 even on a weekend.