Photography, photos you took, photos you are in, photos you like, the lot!

Started by Tank, June 07, 2011, 07:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Dave

Quote from: Tank on November 25, 2017, 10:03:36 PM

Damn good shot that! I have heard jays but never managed to actually see one for more than a second or two.

But, as usual, they are all good shots.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Tank

Tank

Quote from: Dave on November 25, 2017, 10:10:04 PM

Damn good shot that! I have heard jays but never managed to actually see one for more than a second or two.

This was the first time I have got a shot of a Jay! Elusive little buggers.

There are 24 photos here taken over the last week. They are from 300+ pictures in total, of which 230 were keepers and these are the ones worth post-processing and showing :)

Glad you like them.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Tank on November 25, 2017, 10:14:47 PM
Quote from: Dave on November 25, 2017, 10:10:04 PM

This was the first time I have got a shot of a Jay! Elusive little buggers.

There are 24 photos here taken over the last week. They are from 300+ pictures in total, of which 230 were keepers and these are the ones worth post-processing and showing :)

Glad you like them.

Awesome photos Tank, I mean simply superb...I showed my son and he really like them as well. He said the one dog looks like a "chupacabra"!

Anyway thanks a bunch for sharing, I've really enjoyed these.
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Tank

Quote from: Father Bruno on November 25, 2017, 10:23:47 PM
Awesome photos Tank, I mean simply superb...I showed my son and he really like them as well. He said the one dog looks like a "chupacabra"!

Anyway thanks a bunch for sharing, I've really enjoyed these.

It's Katie's teeth!!!  :snicker:

Icarus

Superb photos Tank.  The little dog might be a Brussels Griffon but could be some other breed. Cute little guy whoever he is.

As for the "heron", only post number 1108 looks like the ones that I have in such abundance.  Jays? They are at my backyard feeder more than twice each day. The female cardinals are here with regularity and she will drive the Jays away even though the jays are said to be bullies.

I wish that i had the skill to do such fine photographs.

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tank

Quote from: Icarus on November 26, 2017, 02:22:01 AM
Superb photos Tank.  The little dog might be a Brussels Griffon but could be some other breed. Cute little guy whoever he is.

The grey dog, Katie, is a cross between an black Pug and a white West Highland Terrier, known as a Pugland. The white dog is Sally is a miniature Jack Russell.

QuoteAs for the "heron", only post number 1108 looks like the ones that I have in such abundance.  Jays? They are at my backyard feeder more than twice each day. The female cardinals are here with regularity and she will drive the Jays away even though the jays are said to be bullies.

I so wish I had some slightly more exotic creatures around here. I would have a thousand photos of humming birds!

QuoteI wish that i had the skill to do such fine photographs.

It's mostly practice and reasonable mid-range kit. It's funny I was thinking about how long I've been enjoying photography and this year is the 39th anniversary for me buying my first SLR camera.

Tank

Quote from: hermes2015 on November 26, 2017, 03:52:40 AM
Quote from: Tank on November 25, 2017, 10:08:30 PM

Congratulations, Tank, I love this wonderful shot.

This time of year they are stuffing themselves silly with all the berries they can find and there are no leaves so they tend to be less skittish and you can see them.

Bluenose

Near my camp site a couple of years ago.  Photo taken with my phone.

+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

Tank

Dave

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Tank