Photography, photos you took, photos you are in, photos you like, the lot!

Started by Tank, June 07, 2011, 07:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pasta Chick

Add a "width=x" to your image tags, with x being the number of pixels you want the image to be.  So the text inside the first bracket reads "img width=500"

I'd comment on the pictures, but I can't see them on my phone  :P

Steeler

Quote from: Pasta Chick on December 16, 2014, 04:48:21 AM
Add a "width=x" to your image tags, with x being the number of pixels you want the image to be.  So the text inside the first bracket reads "img width=500"

I'd comment on the pictures, but I can't see them on my phone  :P

There we go. Thanks Pasta!

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

OldGit

Pasta Chick

Ahh I love ATVs!  They're pretty much illegal to ride here unless you're on private property.  It sucks.  Not only because they're super fucking fun, but because now we have assholes riding them illegally all over the place, shredding the bridle paths, digging ruts into the snowmobile trails and leaving exposed loose rock all over the hiking and biking paths.  Not to mention endangering all the people and animals who use those trails. 

Steeler

Well that does suck! I've seen a couple riding areas shut down due to assholes disrespecting others and the land.
We have 2 state owned off-road parks and a shitload of private parks here in Indiana, or with the proper sticker you can ride the county roads as well. Pretty atv friendly state.

That pic was taken at Black Mountain in Kentucky. We try and do some mountain riding at least once a year.
Love riding!!!

MariaEvri

God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

Icarus

Maria, do you have some mountainous terrain in your country?  These are not big mountains but they can be both beautiful and intimidating at the same time.  We have some colossal mountains in the western part of the US, the Rocky Mountain range, but Kentucky and nearby states have lesser ones. Lesser perhaps but thrilling to explore.

Those ugly man made  things in the background are electric transmission lines. Those lines may run for hundreds of kilometers. There is usually a navigable trail, of some sort, underneath them. The trail is necessary because of the need for access to power lines by the people who maintain them. Those trails, are often rugged and difficult, but usually traversable. Power line riding is a favorite venue for off road motorcyclists and All terrain vehicle, (ATV), enthusiasts. I used to ride my motorcycle on those trails when I was young, energetic, foolhardy, and smitten with adventure lust. I envy Steeler. 

this-gospel

Quote from: Tank on June 07, 2011, 07:46:01 PM
All things photography.
Photos you took.
Photos you are in.
Photos you like.
Photos that tell a story.

Photography is my hobby and I got my first proper camera in '77. One of my daughters became a professional photographer (proud dad smily required).

I you need help adding photographs to your posts then there is a post about it here http://www.happyatheistforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=7484.0

This is a glass wing butterfly at Bristol Zoo.

Hi! Can you help me? I have this theory on how our eyes work. I need to test out this theory. I need help in photography. I want to build a simple pin hole camera to do this. How do I turn my room into a simple dark room. Thank you!

MariaEvri

Maria, do you have some mountainous terrain in your country?  These are not big mountains but they can be both beautiful and intimidating at the same time.  We have some colossal mountains in the western part of the US, the Rocky Mountain range, but Kentucky and nearby states have lesser ones. Lesser perhaps but thrilling to explore.

of course. It's the troodos mountains, which take up a huge part of the island and the pentadaktylos range which is amazing but in the occupied area. I visit the troodos almost every sunday. It has beautiful forests and mountaisn

the "jealous" was for the renting a "hog" as we call them with a buddy and go adventuring XD
God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

Tank

Quote from: this-gospel on December 19, 2014, 05:42:22 AM

Hi! Can you help me? I have this theory on how our eyes work. I need to test out this theory. I need help in photography. I want to build a simple pin hole camera to do this. How do I turn my room into a simple dark room. Thank you!

Here is your camera Pin hole camera

How to build a Dark Room

Unless you are really determined to do it yourself and regularly I'd get somebody else to do your processing. A dark room is a big investment in time and equipment if you're only going to process a couple of rolls of film. I would say you'd be better to find a local professional lab that will process and print your photos knowing what the content is and how it was made.

How does that sound?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Icarus

Maria, thank you for the topological/geography lesson. I often correspond with a person on another forum. He lives in Latvia. I am learning a little bit about that country too.

That you call ATVs "hogs", is an interesting description, perhaps appropriate because they thrive in mud and can go almost anywhere. In the US the term "Hog" refers to a Harley Davidson motorcycle. They are beastly things that weigh 375 kg. more or less....often more. They are not in the least appropriate for off road riding. The term is actually a name of endearment for those who choose that brand.

Here in Florida we have feral pigs that are called hogs. They grow to impressive sizes, more than 100 kg, and they are aggressive and dangerous critters if challenged. They have huge "tushes" or protruding canine like teeth that can be lethal. They are found in the forests and the ATV riders encounter them occasionally.

Crow

Quote from: Tank on December 19, 2014, 08:11:26 AM
Quote from: this-gospel on December 19, 2014, 05:42:22 AM

Here is your camera Pin hole camera

How to build a Dark Room

Unless you are really determined to do it yourself and regularly I'd get somebody else to do your processing. A dark room is a big investment in time and equipment if you're only going to process a couple of rolls of film. I would say you'd be better to find a local professional lab that will process and print your photos knowing what the content is and how it was made.

How does that sound?

Or join a film based photography course. Much cheaper and everything is easily accessible.
Retired member.

OldGit

Buddy

Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.