Photography, photos you took, photos you are in, photos you like, the lot!

Started by Tank, June 07, 2011, 07:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Tank on October 08, 2011, 10:07:30 AM
That's one happy pussy!

I would comment, but I can't think of anything that would come out appropriate.

Quote from: Cecilie on October 08, 2011, 02:08:02 PM
Hamlet and I. Hamlet looking skeptical and rather frightened.

I think spaniels always look that way, like they suspect people of being up to something.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Stevil

Is it a coincidence that a red head owns a red haired dog?

I hope Hamlet won't go for a matching piercing.

Tank

Quote from: Stevil on October 10, 2011, 09:25:45 AM
Is it a coincidence that a red head owns a red haired dog?

I hope Hamlet won't go for a matching piercing.
Meybe that's why he looks a bit worried, about getting a nose ring that is?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

Went to The Yorkshire Air Museum yesterday, by sheer luck they had the only restored WWII Halifax out of the hanger.

There is a Blackburn Buccaneer behind it and a Dakota behind that.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Tank

Tank

I took this photo to illustrate the size of the 12,000lb Tallboy bomb on left. It was designed so that when dropped from high alltitude it went super sonic before it hit its target. However possibly of more interest is the smaller bomb on the right. It is a handling model of the WE.177, the last air dropped atomic weapon in service with the RAF, it had yield of 400,000 tons (896,000,000lb) or approximatly 75,000 Tallboys!

McQ

Total drool-fest at that museum, I'm sure! I love these machines. Beautiful! Were you able to go inside any of them?

Those bombs are fascinating, too. The amount of "boom" in that WE.177 is stunning.
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Tank

Quote from: McQ on October 20, 2011, 10:05:24 PM
Total drool-fest at that museum, I'm sure! I love these machines. Beautiful! Were you able to go inside any of them?

Those bombs are fascinating, too. The amount of "boom" in that WE.177 is stunning.
The Dakota was open and there was a couple of OAP's in there telling war stories, they were having a wonderful time. It's a shame I only had 90 minutes there as I had to forgo the full reminisces schedule.  ;)

OldGit

Very nice shots, Tank, and very interesting.

If any aircraft fans ever go to Hungary, you have to see the aircraft museum in Szolnok.  Well, more dump than museum, really, just a large number of old Soviet aircraft standing around in a park, plus a load of odd bits going back to WW1.

We just strolled in and looked round - no entrance fee, no staff, no-one there at all except us.

Have a look here.

Tank

^^^ Did you see the bit in Top Gear when they just drove into an old airfield full of MiG 15/17s? James May nearly orgasmed with joy

OldGit

OldGit

I took this from in front of my house this morning.  I honestly can't make up my mind if it's any good or not. Frank opinions welcomed.

Xjeepguy

It's better than good. It's great. I really dig pics like this. Nice shot!
If I were re-born 1000 times, it would be as an atheist 1000 times. -Heisenberg

McQ

Quote from: OldGit on October 26, 2011, 02:04:18 PM
I took this from in front of my house this morning.  I honestly can't make up my mind if it's any good or not. Frank opinions welcomed.

I think it's a great shot. Putting on my photography critic hat, I'd say you could do a couple of things to improve it, both composition and and artistically.

First, I would get rid of two things: what looks to be a curb, possibly, at the bottom, and the telephone pole and line. Don't worry about this being called cheating, because it's not. Trust me, every well known, great, pro photographer does this or has done it.

Second thing would be to do a levels adjustment in PhotoShop or editing program of your choice, in order to enhance some of the contrast and color. It will give your photo much more depth and make it pop.

It's up to you to either leave the foreground objects (tree and bushes) as silhouettes or not. I like them as is. Some people might like them with more detail.

Hope this helps!
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

OldGit

Thanks, McQ!  Good advice, I'm sure - I'd also been wondering about cropping the kerb off, and bringing up some more colour. I'll try it.