Photography, photos you took, photos you are in, photos you like, the lot!

Started by Tank, June 07, 2011, 07:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Too Few Lions

yeah, it's really beautiful, but quite stark and barren too. A lot like what I'd imagine the surface of the Moon or Mars to look like. There are barely any trees on the island, mainly just a few hundred palms planted in some of the villages

Sandra Craft

Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Cecilie

Hamlet and I. Hamlet looking skeptical and rather frightened.

And yes, I got myself a nose ring. :)
The world's what you create.

McQ

Quote from: Too Few Lions on October 07, 2011, 06:27:06 PM
I've just returned from a nice little holiday in Lanzarote, which is a very beautiful and photogenic little isle. Sod's law that I was away for the best few days of the year weatherwise in the UK!
I stayed in a lovely little fishing village next to the longest beach on the island, it was particularly beautiful at sunset. My camera got splashed by waves a few times as I marauded out into the sea looking for a good photo!

Damn, Europeans...don't you know there are Americans on this forum who have no clue what a Lanzerote is?  ;)

Had to go look it up on Google!

j/k

I think these are lovely shots, and as Tank alluded to, very other-wordly. How is it as a vacation destination? Is it one of those places that "used to be nice but got too touristy" or is it still someplace where you can really get away from it all?

Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

McQ

Quote from: Cecilie on October 08, 2011, 02:08:02 PM

Very cute.

SAFETY TIP: DO NOT ATTACH NOSE RING TO DOG!
EVER.

--Penn Jillette

Cecilie

Quote from: McQ on October 08, 2011, 02:40:34 PM

Very cute.

EVER.

Do you speak from personal experience?

Too Few Lions

Quote from: McQ on October 08, 2011, 02:39:08 PM

Damn, Europeans...don't you know there are Americans on this forum who have no clue what a Lanzerote is?  ;)
I think these are lovely shots, and as Tank alluded to, very other-wordly. How is it as a vacation destination? Is it one of those places that "used to be nice but got too touristy" or is it still someplace where you can really get away from it all?
hehe yeah I did think it might be an obscure holiday destination for the Americans on the forum. It's still really beautiful, we stayed in a fishing village with a population of 950 next to the beach in the top two photos and it was really nice and quiet. Three food shops, maybe eight or nine restaurants and four surf shops, that was it. Not even a single bar or internet cafe.

I think it's like most places, it's got two or three resorts, and if you stay away from them (as we did) the rest of the island's beautiful and unspoilt and not that touristy. It was the first time I'd ever been to the Canary Islands, and it's given me a craving to see the others. They've got a beautiful climate, it rarely gets below 20 degrees in the winter or above 30 degrees in the summer.

Tank

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Tank

Quote from: Cecilie on October 08, 2011, 03:00:09 PM

Very cute.

EVER.

One can only hope!  :D

Cecilie

Tank

Quote from: Cecilie on October 08, 2011, 05:34:05 PM
Quote from: Tank on October 08, 2011, 05:29:26 PM
{snip}

Have you sneezed snot out of the hole yet?
Thankfully no. There's a ring in the way.
My daughter sneezed her stud across the room once!

McQ

Very cute.

EVER.

You're probably not going to believe this, but I swear it's true.

Two friends of one of my sons, all in college for art, decided to try something they thought would be hilarious. My son's friends both had nose rings. They had a contest like the game "Chicken", but with a twist. Rather than drive two cars at one another and see who would swerve first and be the Chicken, they tied fishing line to their nose rings.

Each line was twenty feet long, and each boy held the line attached to the other's nose ring. They wanted to see how long they could go without one of them yanking the line. This was at a party, by the way. It went okay for about an hour.

Long story short: Too much to drink + college party = one tied his string to a cat's collar. It took maybe ten seconds for someone to do something to freak out the cat, and out came the nose ring!

--Penn Jillette

Cecilie

Quote from: McQ on October 08, 2011, 06:35:00 PM

Very cute.

EVER.

You're probably not going to believe this, but I swear it's true.

Two friends of one of my sons, all in college for art, decided to try something they thought would be hilarious. My son's friends both had nose rings. They had a contest like the game "Chicken", but with a twist. Rather than drive two cars at one another and see who would swerve first and be the Chicken, they tied fishing line to their nose rings.

Each line was twenty feet long, and each boy held the line attached to the other's nose ring. They wanted to see how long they could go without one of them yanking the line. This was at a party, by the way. It went okay for about an hour.

Long story short: Too much to drink + college party = one tied his string to a cat's collar. It took maybe ten seconds for someone to do something to freak out the cat, and out came the nose ring!

Ouch!

Ihateyoumike

That was an awesome story McQ. I laughed at the mental image that gave me.
Gotta love the college/alcohol stories.
Prayers that need no answer now, cause I'm tired of who I am
You were my greatest mistake, I fell in love with your sin
Your littlest sin.