News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Photography, photos you took, photos you are in, photos you like, the lot!

Started by Tank, June 07, 2011, 07:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldGit

It looks like some mechanical hand is going to come out of that hole and grab you. ;D

Tank

Quote from: OldGit on August 06, 2011, 11:12:48 AM
It looks like some mechanical hand is going to come out of that hole and grab you. ;D
I used to love those old money boxes!  :D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Gawen

Dinah, who died last year

Apollo, who turns 2 this month:

A group of sidecarist I used to meet with twice a year:
The essence of the mind is not in what it thinks, but how it thinks. Faith is the surrender of our mind; of reason and our skepticism to put all our trust or faith in someone or something that has no good evidence of itself. That is a sinister thing to me. Of all the supposed virtues, faith is not.
"When you fall, I will be there" - Floor

Tank

Poor kitty, nice puppy and peculier taste in crippled motorbikes!
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Gawen

Quote from: Tank on August 06, 2011, 01:18:24 PM
Poor kitty, nice puppy and peculier taste in crippled motorbikes!
I miss that cat. The dog is a Fox Terror....I mean terrier...*chucklin*

The bikes? Well, they have two wheel drive on demand and a transmission with a reverse gear. I can take two passengers off the road and when done hit 70mph on the way home.

It's my primary transportation.

And it attracts as well:
The essence of the mind is not in what it thinks, but how it thinks. Faith is the surrender of our mind; of reason and our skepticism to put all our trust or faith in someone or something that has no good evidence of itself. That is a sinister thing to me. Of all the supposed virtues, faith is not.
"When you fall, I will be there" - Floor

Tank

^^^ Ah! The attraction of the NTOM (Non threatening Older Male) or the 'Daddy Syndrome' :D

McQ

Quote from: Medusa on August 06, 2011, 10:40:32 AM
I did my first planking today out of sheer lollery with my friends...

You're a referee in a bowling alley? Man, oh, man! Just what kind of trouble do people like to stir up in the bowling alleys in your area?
;)
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Stevil

Sweetdeath

Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Medusa

Apparently my employers have decided that ref outfits for the wait staff and bar people will give us a more sporty feel. I HATE it. And..I have to cover my tattoos. I normally look like a nice woman with her hair in a soft bun with glasses. When they see me change out and come out sleeved...they always freak out.  :P
She has the blood of reptile....just underneath her skin...

Tank

Sony are discontinuing the A290 14MP digital SLR with 18-55mm lens. They are going to bring out a replacement in due course so they are selling out the stock. In the UK Argos has a few at £275, you'll need a memory card as well but that'll set you back £13. If you are looking for a decent entry level digital SLR it's very good value ATM. I just bought one :)

Search argos for Sony A290 14MP Digital SLR Camera with 18 to 55 Lens

MariaEvri

God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

Tank

New toy. Sony A290 which has a 14MP CMOS sensor rather than the 10MP CCD sensor of my A100 & A200. Should give a sharper image with less noise.

Not too bad, but today was a little overcast.

Tank

Xjeepguy

If I were re-born 1000 times, it would be as an atheist 1000 times. -Heisenberg