News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

icmpeachment of donald john trump

Started by billy rubin, January 14, 2021, 12:37:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

billy rubin

yes, they are rying to marginalize him.

qbut it won't work. they're all too scared to cross him. we saw that when mcconnell issued a speech that would have been perfect to announce his vote to convct, ecept at the end he said trump was going to go free of conseuences.

there aren't any republicans who have the standing to cross trump, and thi acquittal roves it. tomorrow i imagine trump will start his campaign of undercutting joe biden anand arraging primary candidates to smother any republican elected official who has crossed him.

he'll start wi the republicans in the house who voted to impeach, and he'll wrap in the seven senators who vo5ted to convict, as well as peopl elike mcconnell who voted to acquit but didn't dkiss his ass on the way.

trump has been given two lessons now regarding his impunity. i predict that he will dangle a 2024 presidential run, just to prevent any republicans from gaining strength enough to challenge him over the next four years. it will be bbad for the republican party, but it will cemementhis hold on the apparatus.

but i've been wrong before.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Dark Lightning

I'm not the least bit surprised, but a lot disgusted. The defense's claims that only a private citizen can to be censured on 1st amendment grounds now applies to the chump, since he is again a private citizen, right up until they decide that as an ex-president he's still immune from prosecution. Can't someone just shove a Big Mag down his throat, already?

billy rubin

ive been writing my republican senator every day about this from th estart, but i haven't heard anything back from him. typically i don't hear and then after a month i get a thank you form letter.

he was rob portman, the so-called moderate, who was undecided.

i am atually astonished that collins and murkowski voted to convict. it was nice to see, but too late for them. they ve both been s hand-wringers along with jeff flake, peeople  who bleat outrage and then go along in the end.

at least collins didn't say that "she thinks he's learned his lesson now. . . " that didn't fly the last time and doesn' apply here either

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Tom62

No surprises here. Just another waste of time.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

billy rubin

i dont thinkitwas a waste of time.

we re all food for the worms in the end, but moral decisions are made because of what we are, not because of what someone else is, as i see it