News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

halloween

Started by billy rubin, October 28, 2022, 10:30:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

Quote from: Papasito Bruno on October 31, 2022, 06:28:58 PM...

Is this place now going to be known as the "Happy Aryan Forum"?

Anyone...?

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Asmodean

Quote from: Papasito Bruno on October 31, 2022, 06:28:58 PMWhen I clicked on a thread in the Laid Back Lounge titled Halloween I wasn't expecting to see the "N-word" being thrown around (Especially by an Administrator)
...Who used it to contextualise a different time. I wouldn't call that "throwing around."

That said, true, this is probably not Lounge material.

Quote from: billy rubin on October 31, 2022, 03:31:29 PMyou clearly have never visited an oklahoma niggertown, asmo. lots of oklahoma toens have one. they hsve them in texas too.

unpaved roads, no sewers, substandard schools. until the 1950s you could be arrested in oklahomas white sundown towns if you were black and there after dark. arrest was the preferred outcome. signal mountain in tennessee is still like that.
Do any of those unpaved roads lead to other places? Perhaps somewhere where there is a general deficit of labour and/or surplus of money for an enterprising individual who intends to try his hand at making a buck?

Quotesome places in america abolished all public schools in the 1950s rather than let black kids go to school with white kids. the white kids got taxpayer subsidized private education. the black kids got no education, for a whole generation. theyre still around, but always behind
That could be solved in the way I mentioned when talking about my own country as an example. You do not have many obligations as a kid here, but ten years of school is one of them.

Quotein american indian reservations, there often is no access to the benefits you describe in your country. look uo pine ridge in the dakotas. the poorest place in the western hemisphere, after haiti, i think.
...and from what I understand, a lot of people leave in search of better opportunities. Doesn't sound like they are being held back by the society, as such. We have some places around here where people don't stick around because no future. Those who do... Make a choice.

Quotethe american military is an exampke of an institution that works on providing equal starting lines. ill try to find the name of the program.
I suspect a no-skill job may do pretty much the same.

QuoteHowever, here, in the USA, the lesson hasn't been learned yet. People can't move forward and they/we have grievances because the descendants of slave owners and their hateful ideas and treatment of blacks and minorities refuse to move forwards with the times.

We can't "forget" or "forgive" yet if they continue to find "legal" ways to keep us down, call us derogatory names, laugh and deny it when we confront them, and even find it something to be proud of. They find "annoying" us...
"Not a lot - just... Mildly  satisfying."

[Jack Sparrow]You seem familiar. Have I annoyed you on Twitter before?[/Sparrow] ;-) Actually, my quote doesn't fit. Most of those hissy fits on Twitter are from European/white American middle-class whiners and opiners, and even if they were other than huwhite and middle-class... If all you [not you-you - no idea what your accomplishments are] do is whine about how unfairly the world is treating your deserving self, then maybe go out and get a few receipts for having tried. For instance, if you show what you had to sacrifice and who you had to burn to get nowhere - you will probably have me in your corner, not on the troll team. After all, I'm not some equal opportunity offender. I have nothing but respect for people trying to make the best of whatever hand they sit on - within acceptable limits, of course. (Like, very little respect for hitmen or drug peddlers or the like)

That out of the way... A pretty serious accusation there. How specifically are the descendants of the slave owners keeping you down? Do you even know that they do, in fact, descend thusly and that the people being kept down do not? If so, do you judge their forefathers by the standards of the times in which they lived, or by that in which you live?

Is there such a thing as the original sin outside the context of religion? If not, then why does it matter what someone's forefathers did and who they were? If there is, how does it apply?
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Magdalena

Quote from: Magdalena on October 31, 2022, 01:49:22 PM
Quote from: Asmodean on October 31, 2022, 01:34:52 PMIndeed. You see, Tom and I are what ye-average keyboard warrior on Twitter would call a pair of nazis. ...
:notsure:
Not sure if you're bragging or complaining.

Quote from: Asmodean on October 31, 2022, 02:22:16 PMfor me personally, annoying them Twitterati is a bit of a point of pride. Not a lot - just... Mildly satisfying.

Oh, annoying people on Twitter.
How very revolutionary of you.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Asmodean

:lol: "Revolutionary." Not something I've ever been called before. I like it, though the shoe well and truly doesn't fit - I have not one revolutionary bone in my body. Reformer all the way.

No, what I generally tend to do is point out hypocrisy. Sometimes the blatant racism of the "anti-racists." They tend to explode their heads and ban my accounts. Just ye average Internet drama.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Magdalena

Quote from: Asmodean on October 31, 2022, 07:59:06 PM:lol: "Revolutionary." Not something I've ever been called before. I like it, though the shoe well and truly doesn't fit - I have not one revolutionary bone in my body. Reformer all the way.

No, what I generally tend to do is point out hypocrisy. Sometimes the blatant racism of the "anti-racists." They tend to explode their heads and ban my accounts. Just ye average Internet drama.

Ok.
"Just ye average Internet drama." And now you want to bring it here.
Nice.

Biggus Dickus

The hypocrisy of anti-racists.

Reminds me of the response Senator Tim Scott of South Carolina gave to President Biden's address to a joint session of Congress some time back. Senator Scott said that progressives are intent on teaching people that, "if they look a certain way, they're an oppressor", and that, "woke supremacy is as bad as white supremacy".

It's really a stunning how the Senator, and I guess some here see themselves as almost anti-anti-racists. Lumping all things racial, and contemptible under the banner of critical race theory maybe?

Trying to rescue themselves, and their fellow racists, no matter where they're from not only an accurate account of their own history, but from having to deal with the repercussions of that history, and the heavy amount of racism that still exists in the world today (Not saying we should feel guilty for the acts or roles of our ancestors, but that we should acknowledge the damage it has caused, and the harm and discord it is still inflicting to this day).

Basically these anti-anti-racists seek is to absolve racists of the worst practices of their history, while actually resurrecting the very practices that were the cause for indictment in the first place.
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Magdalena

Anyways, today is Halloween.

Tank,
This was such a fun place to come to. Thank you for trying to give us a place where we could talk about anything. Respectfully.

I was gonna send the following letter to Bruno, but I'm gonna sent it to you instead.

I don't know if I want to stoop down to their level.
:-\

...You know, use derogatory terms to prove my point.

Don't want to show my ugly side to nice people who don't come here to see/read/hear that.

I'll just do a peaceful protest and ask Tank to ban me for a long time.

It's time for me to go.
:chasingbutterfly:
A lot of people have said that to me. Directly and indirectly. I don't appreciate my reality and pain --being mildly satisfying to a Nazi anymore. Never did.

~Hate is so hard to fight. I don't feel like it anymore.
It's like, no, thank you. Please.

Please ban me for a long time.
"Mejor sola,  que mal acompañada."
 :devil2:

Asmodean

Quote from: Magdalena on October 31, 2022, 08:31:11 PMAnd now you want to bring it here.
Nice.
Did no such thing. Did not call any-one here out for anything they said.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Magdalena

Quote from: Asmodean on October 31, 2022, 10:16:29 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on October 31, 2022, 08:31:11 PMAnd now you want to bring it here.
Nice.

OK.

Still, could you ban me then?
Please.
You have the power to do it as well.
Tank is taking too long.

...Besides, you asked the other day:
Quote from: Asmodean on October 24, 2022, 02:24:53 PM... Thing is though, in the current discourse climate, who would we attract? One of the vocal minorities? The apathetic majority? The French?
The unapologetic nazis on Twitter...perhaps?

I'm begging you to ban me.
I don't care who you bring here anymore.

billy rubin

Quote from: Papasito Bruno on October 31, 2022, 06:28:58 PMWhen I clicked on a thread in the Laid Back Lounge titled Halloween I wasn't expecting to see the "N-word" being thrown around (Especially by an Administrator). What happened, did Elon Musk purchase both Twitter and HAF?

Is this place now going to be known as the "Happy Aryan Forum"?

hi papasito

"nigger" is a perjorative term used by a lot of people in my life.

its an ugly word, and when well-intentioned people try to soften the impact of its use, i think they do a disservice to the people the word is intended to marginalize.

white people in my life use "nigger" to make sure that we all know who those in power are, who tjose with the money are, and who those with the moral high ground are.

i think its important to meet these people where they are, to point out what the weapons they use are, and to make sure that its very clear what tools they use to keep other people in inferior positions.

ever had a total stranger in a texas aeroplane turn to you and say, "arent we nice white people?," when a black man didnt want to give up his aisle seat to a white person, and i did? i have .

ever had a total stranger meet you at a party, and tell you a joke to break the ice?

"what do you call a black man with a PhD?"

(the answer is "nigger.")

the N-word is something that black people put up with every day where i live. to pretend that the word doesnt exist isnt doing any black people any favours. i think pointing out exactly where black people are being marginalized in th ewords that are being used pulls back the curtain and drops the fig leaf.

"nigger" is not a nice word. but pointing out when it is being used and by whom is the best way to emphasize its offensiveniss.

in my opinion anyway.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Magdalena

Quote from: billy rubin on October 31, 2022, 11:04:26 PM... th ewords that are being used pulls back the curtain and drops the fig leaf.

Wow! This reveals a lot more than what a fig leaf covers. It shows all the way up to the prostate.

I'm gonna stop posting because having to get drunk on a Monday afternoon to numb the pain, reveals a lot about how I feel right now.

No one

Can we all agree that humanity would be better with less humans?

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Magdalena on October 31, 2022, 10:45:20 PM
Quote from: Asmodean on October 31, 2022, 10:16:29 PM
Nice.

OK.

Still, could you ban me then?
Please.
You have the power to do it as well.
Tank is taking too long.

...Besides, you asked the other day:
Quote from: Asmodean on October 24, 2022, 02:24:53 PM... Thing is though, in the current discourse climate, who would we attract? One of the vocal minorities? The apathetic majority? The French?
The unapologetic nazis on Twitter...perhaps?

I'm begging you to ban me.
I don't care who you bring here anymore.

I know lately I don't come around the forum as often as I did, so my absence won't be missed, but you can  ban me along with Mags.

She goes I go...not going to let her do this alone.

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Recusant

Seeing as I'm currently sporting as my avatar (and previously used for well over a decade) an image of a writer who is now widely considered a racist, I don't have a good soap box from which I might deliver a meaningful contribution here.

That said, I have lived in the US most of my life. I have also lived in Europe. Long enough to understand that the cultures do not really understand each other very well. Speaking too broadly perhaps, the image Europeans have of the US is colored by their own history. Also there is a tendency to believe that experience of the demographic changes in Europe gives some sort of insight into the American experience. The image Americans have of Europe is colored by jingoistic insularity and ignorance. Both images are false.

For several years I lived in a few different black neighborhoods in a big city. That doesn't mean I know  the full impact of racism in America, but the everyday experience did give me some grasp of it. TV and film rarely if ever give an accurate idea--the stories are generally framed by writers who really don't have a clue, written for dramatic impact rather than verisimilitude. The wide availability of American entertainment product across the world may lead people to think they understand America better than they actually do.

I have also lived in rural America. The impact of racism is evident there as well, in the remarkably prevalent prejudices and attitudes. See billy rubin's comments.

I don't think anybody here is on the side of the racists. On the other hand (and maybe I am mistaken) I think there is a reactionary holding of contempt for those who earnestly oppose racism. Willingness to give credence to mendacious grifters who express a similar position can be the result. Check your sources.

I am not one to censor speech, but bland usage of a term that is inherently a rhetorical cudgel (the language of oppression and brutality) is really unnecessary in my opinion, unless the intention is to inflict pain or to burnish your edgelord status. If you intend neither, it advisable to not use that sort of language. Instead, you have the opportunity to write more eloquently--to express your opinion without resorting to language known for its hurtful nature.

The damage is done.  :headshake:

Moving this thread to a more appropriate board.

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Tank

I'm going to contact Go Daddy to find out how to close HAF. Does anybody want it?

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.