News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Mayo murder

Started by Asmodean, June 29, 2022, 09:21:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

Quote from: Recusant on July 12, 2022, 07:17:56 AMYou have always been welcome here Magdalena, and always will be. I can't speak for anybody else but I believe that most of the old white guys here are in agreement with your position.

Thanks, Recusant, you are right, there are exceptions here. But as Anne D. said:
QuoteSometimes it's just too exhausting to have to argue one's reality.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

billy rubin

mags, youre one of the reasons im here.

i would be very unhappy to see you leave.

set the function, not the mechanism.

hermes2015

Quote from: billy rubin on July 12, 2022, 11:00:15 PMmags, youre one of the reasons im here.

I second that. I haven't been very active lately, but follow the discourse with interest every day. Mags, you are always a voice of reason.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tom62

Quote from: hermes2015 on July 13, 2022, 05:01:39 AM
Quote from: billy rubin on July 12, 2022, 11:00:15 PMmags, youre one of the reasons im here.

I second that. I haven't been very active lately, but follow the discourse with interest every day. Mags, you are always a voice of reason.

I agree as well. Sorry, if I said any wrong things. I come from a different part of the world where the culture is different and our problems are different than the ones in the USA.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Magdalena

Quote from: Tom62 on July 13, 2022, 09:40:56 AM
Quote from: hermes2015 on July 13, 2022, 05:01:39 AM

I agree as well. Sorry, if I said any wrong things. I come from a different part of the world where the culture is different and our problems are different than the ones in the USA.

:grouphug:
Ok.
Look, there's 4.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 05, 2022, 09:57:41 PM.... BUT, rather than try to explain or defend myself, I'll just apologize.  ...
You get one too, Bruce. :hug:

Bluenose

Quote from: Recusant on July 12, 2022, 07:17:56 AMYou have always been welcome here Magdalena, and always will be. I can't speak for anybody else but I believe that most of the old white guys here are in agreement with your position.

This old white guy is also in agreement with your position, Mags.  Please stay, you are loved and respected.
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

Anne D.

Quote from: Magdalena on July 12, 2022, 05:04:51 AMMaybe I should just finally accept that I am at the wrong place.

No, you're in exactly the right place. We're in the right place.  :hug:  This is our place as much as any other member's. I know this forum can be and often is an awesome place. You make it so. We're the change we seek.  :)

Magdalena

Quote from: Anne D. on July 14, 2022, 04:34:18 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on July 12, 2022, 05:04:51 AMMaybe I should just finally accept that I am at the wrong place.

No, you're in exactly the right place. We're in the right place. :hug: This is our place as much as any other member's. I know this forum can be and often is an awesome place. You make it so. We're the change we seek. :)

Yes, the world is what we make of it.  :smilenod:

--Thank you.

Quote from: Bluenose on July 14, 2022, 02:59:54 AM...  Please stay, you are loved and respected.

Icarus

We must teach ourselves to withhold judgement until we have walked for a mile in another mans (or womans) moccasins.

No one

That's a wondaerful sentiment Icarus, but I don't need to walk a centimeter in john william king's shoes to know he's a completely worthless scumbag.

Tom62

Walking in someone's shoes don't mean that you'll reach the same conclusions as that person or that the person's who's shoes you are walking in must be correct. You would also not want to walk in the shoes of dreadful people like a Boris Johnson. People are different individuals and it is okay for them to have a different opinions. I wouldn't want to live in a world where everyone must have the same opinions like mine and where different opinions are not allowed.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

No one

I'm not saying that. I just don't think subhuman scum, such as john william king deserve any sort of respect. He, and shitbags like him don't merit any compassion.

Magdalena

Quote from: Recusant on July 02, 2022, 07:53:07 AM...

Oh, hey, we still may manage double digits on a good day.  ;)

Sometimes even triple digits. ;)

Icarus

Walking in another man's shoes is a metaphor guys.  It is said, whether true or not, that it is a bit of wisdom given to us by native Americans. (the ones whose land we so brazenly stole..........but that is a whole other subject that should give we old white men some shame)

When I used that metaphor, I was thinking of Magdalenas sensitivities. None of us have walked in her shoes so we cannot presume to understand her emotional or reactive state.  The general idea is applicable to other human situations as well.