News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Hiroshima 1945 From A First Person Perspective

Started by Randy, August 11, 2020, 03:57:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randy

I found this article intriguing. It's dated July 14, 2014. It tells of a father and son's grueling adventure through the apocalyptic landscape that was once Hiroshima.

When Time Stood Still

"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Tank

Quote from: Randy on August 11, 2020, 03:57:16 PM
I found this article intriguing. It's dated July 14, 2014. It tells of a father and son's grueling adventure through the apocalyptic landscape that was once Hiroshima.

When Time Stood Still

Tagged to read later.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Icarus

Thank you for that Randy.  That is another take on the ultimate fate of the world. 

Dark Lightning

Spoiler. What a horrific story of what happened to that guy and his dad. The fact that he isn't bitter is a testament to his father and to how some people manage to survive without rancor at the people who caused them so much grief. I know that I wouldn't be that nice.

Randy

That's what I read into it too. The way they had to crawl sometimes because it hurt too much to walk. I am surprised the story teller survived the blast.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

No one

War is hell. Don't start what you can't finish!