News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 01, 2019, 12:43:56 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on September 30, 2019, 07:41:43 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on September 28, 2019, 06:59:00 PM
Not too good unfortunately.  :(
:therethere:

Yeah. :sad sigh: But it's ok. I've grieved and accepted the outcome.  :) At least I can do it again when my life's a little less hectic.
That's good.
:hug:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

jumbojak

I rolled with a marine today, busted ribs and all, and came out on top. Today was a good day.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on October 07, 2019, 10:39:35 PM
I rolled with a marine today, busted ribs and all, and came out on top. Today was a good day.

Excellent!

Tank

It's a good thing we know what you're talking about!  :snicker1:
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

hermes2015

Quote from: Tank on October 08, 2019, 09:00:17 AM

It's a good thing we know what you're talking about!  :snicker1:

I once ... Never mind.

:grin:
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

jumbojak

The next installment of The Golden Compass series is out.  :)

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

jumbojak

I took the big Mariner's back today.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on October 14, 2019, 10:12:30 PM
I took the big Mariner's back today.

He must be looking for it, though.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Dark Lightning

Went to the Grand Canyon (it was beautiful!) last Wednesday and came back this morning. Lived to talk about it. We took a transfer shuttle from the train at the canyon to the train station to home, and the driver tried to pass a semi where the road narrowed to one lane, mowing down about 10 or so markers where the road was closed before finally stopping. I have no idea what may have lain further up that stretch of road. :o Fortunately nobody was hurt, so we continued on the train station. The van was trashed, but not leaking bodily fluids, so I wasn't too concerned about it getting us there. He was in some way not fully capable, in my mind, either too fatigued or under the influence. In retrospect, we should have taken the keys and got the highway patrol involved. I think that we all probably just wanted to get home (I know my wife and I did), so just let it ride, so to speak.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dark Lightning on October 20, 2019, 09:31:17 PM
Went to the Grand Canyon (it was beautiful!) last Wednesday and came back this morning. Lived to talk about it. We took a transfer shuttle from the train at the canyon to the train station to home, and the driver tried to pass a semi where the road narrowed to one lane, mowing down about 10 or so markers where the road was closed before finally stopping. I have no idea what may have lain further up that stretch of road. :o Fortunately nobody was hurt, so we continued on the train station. The van was trashed, but not leaking bodily fluids, so I wasn't too concerned about it getting us there. He was in some way not fully capable, in my mind, either too fatigued or under the influence. In retrospect, we should have taken the keys and got the highway patrol involved. I think that we all probably just wanted to get home (I know my wife and I did), so just let it ride, so to speak.

Wow  :o

No one

Siz

Damn, I'm still in the "Most time online" top 10.  I must've been/am a saddo. 🥴

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!