News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billy rubin

the brits are weird even so.

theyve always been weird.

set the function, not the mechanism.

billy rubin

look at this shit

theyre weird.

they cant help it. its who they are.

The Magic Pudding..

Quote from: billy rubin on November 05, 2023, 03:08:09 AMlook at this shit

theyre weird.

Ye, saying no to Britt Eckland, inconceivable.
If you suffer from cosmic vertigo, don't look.

Tank

Quote from: The Magic Pudding.. on November 05, 2023, 07:50:42 AM
Quote from: billy rubin on November 05, 2023, 03:08:09 AMlook at this shit

theyre weird.

Ye, saying no to Britt Eckland, inconceivable.

Yes you must watch the original!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

billy rubin

britt eklund was as hot as they come.

thrres more than one wicker man motiin picture? i saw the one with peter otoole

who isi the epitome of weird brit all by himself

Tank

Peter O'tool wasn't in the 1973 Wicker Man. Were you thinking of Edward Woodard? Or possibly Christopher Lee?

The wicker Man 1973
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

billy rubin

apparently im not thinking at all.

why do i remember peter otoole in that film?

he alwayed played half-mad people. like bruce dern

Icarus

Billy what's up with the genital herpes tag line? That seems like a departure but GH is a indeed a real deal. 

I have never contracted that accursed ailment, the one god has used to punish we errant humans.  I have been marginally exposed to the curse or supposed curse. That occurred when I was a single widower of about 54 years old. Healthy, reasonably secure financially, had an athletes body, and attention from a surprisingly large number of single women. Most, but not all of then were honest with me The one who had genital Herpies did not reveal the problem until after our first intimate encounter.

Well of course I was somewhat taken aback. Then I examined all the research that I could find about the risk of contracting the evil virus. The answer is that there is reasonable opportunity for the woman to satisfy her desires when some degree of caution is in place. In general, but not absolutely, the risk of infection is only when the virus is "shedding". There will probably be blister like lesions in those cases. It comes and goes.

I believe that the virus has been much studied by now, and new and more relevant information has been brought to the fore. 

billy rubin

its a random phrase i found on the internet. nothing pertaining to me.

i just find stuff on the net memorable enough to post it for a while.

you can disinguish thing i write from things i copy by the lack of typoes and the use of capitaluzation.

i detest capitalization.

herpes is a minor infection. people were all horrified about it intil AIDS came about. then it was mostly forgotten.

ill come up with a new signature when i run acrosscsomething stupid on the net . shouldnt take long

Tom62

My wife and I have been sick over the weekend. We hope that it is just a common cold. Will do to the doctor later to be sure that it isn't Covid.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Tank

We have Covid test kits at home. Is that not something you have access to?

Tom62

Quote from: Tank on November 06, 2023, 10:06:14 AMWe have Covid test kits at home. Is that not something you have access to?

We ran the Covid test and it turned out negative.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Tank

Quote from: Tom62 on November 06, 2023, 10:41:53 AM
Quote from: Tank on November 06, 2023, 10:06:14 AMWe have Covid test kits at home. Is that not something you have access to?

We ran the Covid test and it turned out negative.

Good

Icarus

Let us hope that Tom and his wife have never contracted the covid virus. We should be vigilant of course. On the other hand, caution and  paranoia is causing us to be concerned more than we had to be in the past.

Tom62

Apparently the tests that we made turned out to be invalid, although we followed up he instructions to the letter. My wife has another doctor appointment tomorrow so maybe she can sort things out.
Robert A. Heinlein