News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

I have proof humans and dinosaurs coexisted

Started by Dinokid, December 23, 2008, 02:58:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SSY

LOOK GUYS!!! II FOUND PROOF HUMANS AND UNICORNS CO-EXISTED ONCE!!! HOW ELSE COULD THEY DRAW THIS PPICTURE!!!!!!!!111111oneoneoneoneoneoneoneoneoneoneleven  

Quote from: "Godschild"SSY: You are fairly smart and to think I thought you were a few fries short of a happy meal.
Quote from: "Godschild"explain to them how and why you decided to be athiest and take the consequences that come along with it
Quote from: "Aedus"Unlike atheists, I'm not an angry prick

Squid

Dinokid, have you ever done the secret story exercise?  It shows a particularly poignant aspect of orally passed information where each person acts as a particular filter impressing their own interpretation and biases upon the story:

You sit in a group (cirle or line it doesn't matter as long as one person can whisper in the next person's ear) and the leader starts off with a short story of maybe one or two sentences.  After (often as small as 5-6 people) the story has passed on the ending story is almost always a completely distorted one from the original (usually written down beforehand) story.  It is for this simple reason that anecdotal evidence, especially ancient anecdotal evidence reported by less than reputable sources, is not all that useful to support a point.  Jurassic period dinosaurs DO NOT nor have they ever coexisted with humanity.  Their descendants do coexist with us - birds for one.

You see, it doesn't matter how much questionable anecdotal information you piece together, it doesn't stand up to one piece of empirical data.  In folklore you can find stories of all kinds of similar mythical creatures across cultures this doesn't mean that they are real either.  Please have a little more critical thinking operating than what has been displayed.

DennisK

Yes dragons did exist.  It is a known fact that shamans around the world have many accounts of seeing them along with many who use LSD, mushrooms, peyote, etc. today.  It is a theory of mine that hallucinogens are the reason most religions originated.
"If you take a highly intelligent person and give them the best possible, elite education, then you will most likely wind up with an academic who is completely impervious to reality." -Halton Arp

Whitney

Quote from: "Squid"Dinokid, have you ever done the secret story exercise?  

We called it "telephone"  In elementary school the teacher would have us stand in a line and she would tell the first kid something.  By the time the last kid spoke it was very rarely close to the same thing the teacher said.  We played it at least once a week, so all the kids knew what the game was.

It's a great exercise in understanding how rumors get formed...and folklore is basically an ancient rumor.