News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Dragon Age vs. Oblivion

Started by YaarghMatey487, March 27, 2011, 08:29:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

YaarghMatey487

Okay I realize that I've posted two topics in the same night...I'm bored. Any way, I have a PS3 and bemoan the fact that I can't play Fable. I'm finally getting back into video games and am trying to find a nice fit. I like the open play and medieval setting in Fable and have yet to find something that I like as much. I just purchased Oblivion today so I haven't had a chance to dive into it too much. What are your personal preferences? I have Dragon Age Origins and II but have only played II so far (it took a while to find  a copy of the first one).
"Don't you love the Oxford Dictionary? When I first read it, I thought it was a really really long poem about everything."- David Bowie

Asmodean

Dragon age: prettier to look at. Newer. Elder Scrolls IV: Better world even though VERY sparsely populated. Shivering Isles expansion is really nice.

Dragon age 2 is more action-oriented and the new Elder Scrolls, the Skyrim, is likely to become a new milestone in the genre. Out in November here in the Old World, methink.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Melmoth

Dragon Age is more linear. Deceptively, the beginning is different depending on what kind of character you choose, but this difference lasts about a tenth of the overall game. It succeeds throughout at making you feel that your decisions really are affecting the course of events, but with a second playthrough you'll see very quickly how fixed the plot really is.

Oblivion is uglier; the gameplay more awkward; the world, storyline and characters a lot less convincing. It depends a lot more on the imagination, but if you have that extra imagination to hand it's a very good game. Plus it's got the whole sandbox appeal.
"That life has no meaning is a reason to live - moreover, the only one." - Emil Cioran.

YaarghMatey487

@Melmoth- I've yet to even remove the flimsy plastic covering from Origins. I started playing Oblivion today and I definitely enjoy the sandbox appeal.

@Asmodean- I'm pretty sure you are correct about the November release.
"Don't you love the Oxford Dictionary? When I first read it, I thought it was a really really long poem about everything."- David Bowie