News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

How Was Your Christmas?

Started by xSilverPhinx, December 28, 2015, 11:23:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Mine was awful, just awful. It's safe to say that I'm never going to my maternal grandparent's house for Christmas again.

Too much petty bickering (unbelievably petty), Christian fundamentalist beliefs and bad weather. There are also way too many mosquitos at night, which caused me to throw my pillow at the wall more than once in anger, only to insantly regret that decision. ::)

I spent the entire time worrying about my dog back home.

:haironfire:

Yeah...so how was yours?

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Harmonie

Sorry to hear about all of that. D:

I had a great Christmas. It was helped by me getting Christmas night off for like the first time since I started working back in early 2012.

My sister and her family came over. I got to see my nephew for the first time in months. I got to watch him open up gifts, and my sister even had him fingerpaint little snowmen on ornaments, and that was his gift to us. It was the most special gift of all. :D

My mom also prepared a lunch that was the best meal I've had in ages. She knows exactly what I'll eat (I'm extremely picky). I was so full on side-dishes I could hardly get to the meat!

The last many years of Christmas's have been depressing, and missing that magic that my childhood Christmas's had... I suppose this Christmas is what a great adulthood Christmas is like.

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

Tank

It all went smoothly and the kids loved it so 10/10.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Claireliontamer

Challenging! However,  scamp seems to have had a good time and that's all that really matters.

No one

Tank

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Radiant on December 28, 2015, 11:54:34 AM
Sorry to hear about all of that. D:

What's a little stress during the holidays?  :hulk:

No major consequences other than the few wisdom hairs that seem to have sprouted overnight. :P

QuoteI had a great Christmas. It was helped by me getting Christmas night off for like the first time since I started working back in early 2012.

My sister and her family came over. I got to see my nephew for the first time in months. I got to watch him open up gifts, and my sister even had him fingerpaint little snowmen on ornaments, and that was his gift to us. It was the most special gift of all. :D

My mom also prepared a lunch that was the best meal I've had in ages. She knows exactly what I'll eat (I'm extremely picky). I was so full on side-dishes I could hardly get to the meat!

The last many years of Christmas's have been depressing, and missing that magic that my childhood Christmas's had... I suppose this Christmas is what a great adulthood Christmas is like.

Sounds like you had a great Christmas! :smilenod:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Siz

Quote from: Tank on December 28, 2015, 11:56:22 AM
It all went smoothly and the kids loved it so 10/10.

That's not normal!

Mine has been full-on entertaining and going out. I'm exhausted and have a belly to show for it. Hosted 2 x dinner parties so far, another one tomorrow and then a new years drinks party for 16 neighbours. Pay-back for a decade of not having a house worthy of guests. That's in between lunch and dinner dates out. Looking forward to beans-on-toast and no washing up or service charges. Upside: have gone the whole holiday having avoided turkey.

I've enjoyed this year because we've done everything on our own terms and been able to spend some fun and relaxing time with the kids and friends. They've also benefitted from a well-planned programme of activities and meetups.

Still got StarWars to look forward to on Wed's and going in to Town to see the lights and another dinner out.

Need to get back to work ASAP to pay for it all. This has been our most expensive Xmas ever!

All-in-all, an exhausted thumbs-up!

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Buddy

Mine was great. It was just the parents, brother and his girlfriend, Grandmom, and me. Lots of good food. Grandmom beat us all at Cards Against Humanity. Plus I got a surprise package containing mead and chocolate from G85.  :D
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Tank

Quote from: Budhorse4 on December 28, 2015, 06:27:00 PM
Mine was great. It was just the parents, brother and his girlfriend, Grandmom, and me. Lots of good food. Grandmom beat us all at Cards Against Humanity. Plus I got a surprise package containing mead and chocolate from G85.  :D
Good for grandma! How old is she?

Buddy

Quote from: Tank on December 28, 2015, 06:41:00 PM

Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Tank

Quote from: Budhorse4 on December 28, 2015, 06:45:21 PM
Quote from: Tank on December 28, 2015, 06:41:00 PM

I asked for that didn't I!

Buddy

Quote from: Tank on December 28, 2015, 07:01:42 PM

She really is 69 though. Turns 70 in May. Unless I'm missing some kind of joke??

Guardian85

Quote from: Budhorse4 on December 28, 2015, 07:05:20 PM

She really is 69 though. Turns 70 in May. Unless I'm missing some kind of joke??
Google it!  ;D

Having moved back home obviously I have been spending Christmas with my family just like last year. My grandmother has been coming here for Christmas ever since my grandfather died a couple years ago.
So between her and my mother the food has been amazing. The gifts were nice, and excepting a few issues not directly related to the season it has been great.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Tank

Quote from: Budhorse4 on December 28, 2015, 07:05:20 PM

69 is a sexual position associated with mutual oral sex.