News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Hello from Atlanta. :)

Started by Randy, May 11, 2020, 02:15:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randy

Hello everyone,

My name is Randy and yes, I know what it means in England. I blame my parents.
I'm as atheistic as the day I was born, though I wasn't always.
I like playing the guitar, playing a LAN game with family and friends, making comic books, and a few other things.

I look forward to posting and reading replies. Maybe I'll get to know a few of you in time.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

xSilverPhinx

Hello Randy!  :wave hi: Welcome to HAF!

(I didn't know what Randy meant in England until you made me google it! :grin: You learn something new everyday, heh!)
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Randy

I had to work in England a few times so I learned the hard way.  :D
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

billy rubin

hello.

youre very polite.

that automatically makez you nicer than me.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

hermes2015

Quote from: Randy on May 11, 2020, 02:15:41 PM
Hello everyone,

My name is Randy and yes, I know what it means in England. I blame my parents.
I'm as atheistic as the day I was born, though I wasn't always.
I like playing the guitar, playing a LAN game with family and friends, making comic books, and a few other things.

I look forward to posting and reading replies. Maybe I'll get to know a few of you in time.

Welcome to HAF Randy — you certainly have a good name in my book!

Do you draw by hand, or do you use drawing software to create your comic books?
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tank

Hello Randy

Welcome to HAF I hope you get to settle in and enjoy yourself. Ignore No One tacos are not required.

Regards
Chris
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dark Lightning

Randy

Quote from: billy rubin on May 11, 2020, 02:57:20 PM
hello.

youre very polite.

that automatically makez you nicer than me.

Now what in the world would give you that idea? I'm glad you think so. I'm trying to earn points for the afterlife (not).

Randy

QuoteDo you draw by hand, or do you use drawing software to create your comic books?

Ah, good question! Actually I do neither. I use DAZ3D Studio which is a free piece of software for creating 3D renders. I've seen some photographic looking ones done by some. Fortunately, that isn't the look I'm going for.

Second, I take the render and touch it up in Photoshop Elements which isn't as full blown as Photoshop but isn't as expensive either and does what I need it to do.

Third, I add a couple of filters to it that give the look I want it to have. This is a consistent thing I do with all of the renders but after I've made any alterations.

Fourth, I use Comic Life 3 for the panel layout, the panels themselves, the text, the speech balloons, and background for some of the pages - usually for the chapter headings.

Finally, I email them to a friend in Australia who puts them on her website. It's free and no advertisements at the time of this writing, and I don't ask for donations. I'm pretty anonymous. If you want to look at the three I've created so far you can visit www.renderforever.com. There is a tab at the top called Wildcards. Hover over that and you'll be able to select between them.

hermes2015

Quote from: Randy on May 11, 2020, 05:21:28 PM
QuoteDo you draw by hand, or do you use drawing software to create your comic books?

Ah, good question! Actually I do neither. I use DAZ3D Studio which is a free piece of software for creating 3D renders. I've seen some photographic looking ones done by some. Fortunately, that isn't the look I'm going for.

Second, I take the render and touch it up in Photoshop Elements which isn't as full blown as Photoshop but isn't as expensive either and does what I need it to do.

Third, I add a couple of filters to it that give the look I want it to have. This is a consistent thing I do with all of the renders but after I've made any alterations.

Fourth, I use Comic Life 3 for the panel layout, the panels themselves, the text, the speech balloons, and background for some of the pages - usually for the chapter headings.

Finally, I email them to a friend in Australia who puts them on her website. It's free and no advertisements at the time of this writing, and I don't ask for donations. I'm pretty anonymous. If you want to look at the three I've created so far you can visit www.renderforever.com. There is a tab at the top called Wildcards. Hover over that and you'll be able to select between them.

Wow, your workflow is very similar to mine, except that I do a fair amount of sculpture. Instead of Daz, I use its sister program Poser 11 to create 3D models that I then export in OBJ format to Cinema 4D, Rhino, and ZBrush to manipulate further. A favourite technique of mine currently is to slice the model in Rhino 3D version 6, and then assemble the slices to make the final sculpture in  metal or other materials. The lock-down has delayed my latest project for a life size stainless steel nude to be installed next to a swimming pool.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Recusant

Hello and welcome to HAF, Randy. Your work is interesting. I used to do a comic strip back in the dark ages, with pen and paper.  ;)

I hope that you enjoy your time reading and posting here. 

:spagwelcome:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

No one

Randy

Randy

Quote from: Recusant on May 11, 2020, 08:14:29 PM
Hello and welcome to HAF, Randy. Your work is interesting. I used to do a comic strip back in the dark ages, with pen and paper.  ;)

I hope that you enjoy your time reading and posting here. 

:spagwelcome:

I'm enjoying. I'm reading a lot to see what I can add. I don't want to bring up a subject already discussed.

Recusant

:mb lol:  This site is ancient, in internet years. No need to concern yourself that a topic has previously been discussed. It probably has, but so what?
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken