News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Photography, photos you took, photos you are in, photos you like, the lot!

Started by Tank, June 07, 2011, 07:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Lightning

Quote from: billy rubin on June 27, 2020, 11:31:47 PM
not as expensive as 45, but still a lot of money there. money is money.

what do you shoot those out of?

Looked like .45 Auto to me. How were you able to tell the caliber? I can't read the casings that well.

jumbojak

Eh, that's about thirty dollars worth of collected brass. I tend to keep training under the twenty dollar mark. An hour of total training is half dry firing at the start with actual drills coming later. I think that handloading is in my future though.

Oh yes, that's from a Sig P365. I'm still searching for a HP that it'll run.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

hermes2015

Quote from: jumbojak on June 28, 2020, 02:30:07 AM

Eh, that's about thirty dollars worth of collected brass. I tend to keep training under the twenty dollar mark. An hour of total training is half dry firing at the start with actual drills coming later. I think that handloading is in my future though.

Oh yes, that's from a Sig P365. I'm still searching for a HP that it'll run.

That's all Greek to me, but an interesting shot anyway!
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

hermes2015

Not one of mine, but I wonder why I like this photo so much.

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

jumbojak

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

hermes2015

Entrance to the Mediterranean Shipping Company building, early this morning.

― Charles Eames

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

hermes2015

I couldn't wait for full sun on the propeller. Will do it some other time.
― Charles Eames

Dark Lightning

Here's a pic of the pergola on my back patio. I mentioned in the fixit thread that I was working on it, installing the lattice for more shade, and really enjoy the play of the shadows. Never mind the boxes, I haven't finished unpacking them. They have a couple of cedar chairs and end tables to replace the metal ones. Things are in disarray, more so than normal.

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dark Lightning

Thanks! I really like it. I may take some leisure out there now that the photon flux is only about 30% of what it used to be.  ;D I need to get the coffee tables and chairs assembled and finished. I'll be using boiled linseed oil.

xSilverPhinx

My mother's orchids are coming along quite nicely. Must be because I leave them alone.  ;D
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Magdalena

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on September 16, 2020, 09:49:53 PM

My mother's orchids are coming along quite nicely. Must be because I leave them alone.  ;D
Those are beautiful.

:secrets1: I think it's true that orchids like to be bothered very little.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Magdalena on September 16, 2020, 11:59:42 PM
:secrets1: I think it's true that orchids like to be bothered very little.

Yeah, I believe so. The other day all it took was just one googly-eyed glance in their direction for a flower to shrivel up and die.  :'(
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dark Lightning

Those orchids are just beautiful! My mother had an aunt who had a greenhouse, and she grew some of the nicest orchids in it. She got her green thumb from Gaia herself, methinks. I also think that property she lived on had some really nice soil, since it had been dairy land before that. All that cow manure should have enriched the soil nicely!