News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Things You Would Change in Your Past

Started by Ecurb Noselrub, January 06, 2023, 08:53:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

No one

Conceivably, i imagine, anything could be possible. Reality, on the other hand, is something quite different. Hatred, is the only emotion that i am worthy of.

There are less than zero redeeming qualities possessed by this repulsive, revolting, sickening sack of complete shit.

The Magic Pudding.

Quote from: No one on January 15, 2023, 11:22:54 AMThere are less than zero redeeming qualities possessed by this repulsive, revolting, sickening sack of complete shit.

So you're a pedo then?
One that's acted on the urge, making yourself unworthy of compassion?

No one

i am beneath pedophiles.

There is nothing, absolutely nothing, i rate higher than.

The most worthless thing to ever exist.

Nothing will ever change that.

The Magic Pudding.

Quote from: No one on January 15, 2023, 12:22:27 PMi am beneath pedophiles.

There is nothing, absolutely nothing, i rate higher than.

The most worthless thing to ever exist.

Nothing will ever change that.

Fk, you must be some kinda super detestable, Pedo HitlerPutinTrump, or someth'n. 

Asmodean

...And even they tend not to think of themselves as particularly detestable, I imagine.

To put it this way, I'm pretty sure that even a well-adjusted devil has some PR disaster to blame.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Ecurb Noselrub

No One, is there some person anywhere that you hold in high esteem, or does your attitude about yourself reflect your view of the totality of humanity?

No one

Are there any decent hoomans? Sure.

Am i one of them? Absolutely not!

As much as i despise the upright apes, it pales in comparison to the seething hatred for whatever it is that i am.

Asmodean

Hmm... There is a compass to be had here. One axis being I suck -> I am great and the other being People suck -> People are great.

The Asmo. He is pretty great. People, however... Yeah, some are OK, but generally, they kinda' suck. So... It's due North for The Asmo.

...What would that even correspond to on such a compass? Just-shy of classical narcissist, I suppose.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Ecurb Noselrub

I think I would be in the middle. I think I have some good and some bad qualities. Objectively speaking, that is. My suspicion is that I would not judge No One as harshly as he judges himself with respect to standards of human worth. 

billy rubin

noone is okay.

listen up, dude: the world is full of people who do not recognize their failings, and inflict themselves on others.

you do not do that, which is much to your credit.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Asmodean

Let us not forget those who inflict themselves on others having recognised their own failings and deemed them someone else's fault and/or problem, if not worse - virtues.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Ecurb Noselrub

It is not always easy to face up to your shortcomings without blaming others. Some people are truly invested in believing their own lies about their own character. Imagine how difficult it would be for Congressman George Santos to come clean about himself. (For those who do not know him since you are not in the USA, he completely fabricated his personal and family history to get elected).

Anne D.

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on January 26, 2023, 09:48:36 PM(For those who do not know him since you are not in the USA, he completely fabricated his personal and family history to get elected).

I don't know how helpful this clarification is given the track record of U.S. politicians, particularly Repubs. See, e.g., Trump and his purported business successes.

Asmodean

Lies are a useful tool for politicians, cheating spouses and children who want to avoid a yelling alike.

I would not automatically call mere deception a character flaw - in some cases, being good or at the very least successful at it can be a strength. Not for the betterment of mankind, perhaps (although, great actors do exist and I'd argue that they do a bit of that), but there are less-lofty ambitions which can be equally valid for that.

To exemplify, I wouldn't give Elon Musk my money for a number of good and valid reasons - but I would probably vote for him for broadly the very same reasons.

This is my round-about way of saying that I think there are far better examples of the point you are trying to demonstrate.

How about stuff like <insert thing> positivity movements? Self-improvement is no longer working out until you can lift that dumbbell and run a mile - it's merely convincing yourself that your mostly-unemployed, grossly overweighed ass is just as healthy and beautiful and deserving of something from the rest of us as someone who is healthy, hot and maybe has something to actually show for their life.

There are certainly still people who are good, will get good or will "die trying," but I was not being hyperbolic by much, I think.

Maybe politicians and the like "led the way" and so are "to blame" for its emergence, but... Personally, I think that grown-ass people have some responsibility in "blindly" following their role models. Like... I used to look up to the late great Christopher Hitchens, and still somehow I don't need a bottle of whiskey everywhere I go. I can and do do without one at all, in fact. It [EDIT: Looking up to someone without trying to become them] can be done, apparently.

What was I on about..? Ah, yes! Rambling about the decrepit state of humanity. Actually, I think I rest my case right here. :smilenod:
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Anne D. on January 27, 2023, 04:04:56 AM
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on January 26, 2023, 09:48:36 PM(For those who do not know him since you are not in the USA, he completely fabricated his personal and family history to get elected).

I don't know how helpful this clarification is given the track record of U.S. politicians, particularly Repubs. See, e.g., Trump and his purported business successes.

Yes, they all lie to some degree. It just seems that Santos forged new ground. But, I suppose everyone lies about themselves to some degree.