News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Halloween Costumes/Events

Started by Ecurb Noselrub, October 24, 2018, 03:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecurb Noselrub

What is everyone wearing? What's trending?  Anyone have any special plans?  This is the Halloween news thread, destined to last for about another 10 days.

I plan to set up outside my front door, pass out candy, play creepy/scary music on my IPhone, and have a couple of Jack-o-Lanterns with tea candles inside to provide the mood. Not very creative, but it gets me through the night.  A flask of bourbon may also be at my side.

Velma

We don't decorate. We don't plan on handing out candy. However, tonight I am going to see The Exorcist at a local movie theater.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Tom62

We'll  just wait and see whether the locals celebrate it here in our new home town.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tom62 on October 25, 2018, 09:14:06 PM
We'll  just wait and see whether the locals celebrate it here in our new home town.

Ditto. Halloween is becoming a thing here, but not such a big thing yet.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Buddy

I might wear black lipstick to work, but that's it.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Sandra Craft

I used to look forward to Halloween every year to pass out candy and enjoy the kids' costumes, but I haven't been able to do that in some 25 yrs, since I moved into a security building.  No trick-or-treaters here.  I even stopped carving jack o'lanterns after I got 2 internally rotten pumpkins in a row (a thing like that is discouraging).

This year I'm thinking of just writing a letter to my Dad, in the spirit of the season.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

xSilverPhinx

There is going to be a Halloween party nearby, for adults. Do adults generally dress up in the US as well? 

Halloween parties are meh IMO, if I had to go to one, my 'costume' of choice would be a ghost. Invisible, silent...almost as if not present at all! :grin:

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey