News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pasta Chick

Yeah, you're definitely not supposed to drive that slowly here. It's just that no one with the authority to do anything about this gives a damn. I sincerely wish they did - I shouldn't have to plan to leave 15 min early all the time because some douche wants to drive 20mph down 10 miles of single-lane streets.

At least in CT, you will fail your drivers license test if you drive more than 4mph under the posted limit for no reason.

Biggus Dickus

And what's with the local news stations, and acting as if everyone living here in an area of the country that deals with snowfall on a yearly basis doesn't know the back end of a snow shovel from the handle?

On the news this morning it was suggested by the very serious weather lady that everyone leave home 15 minutes early, because, you know, there's 1-3 inches of snow...roads are a bit slippery...gee thanks weather lady, should I wear fucking jacket, perhaps some gloves as well?

In Florida do they suggest everyone put on sunscreen each time the sun is out?

Should I not lick the steel pole in the cold weather with my tongue?

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

jumbojak

Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on January 12, 2016, 06:21:37 PMShould I not lick the steel pole in the cold weather with my tongue?

I think that's the recommended procedure Bruno. Lick with the tongue. Not sure what else you would lick it with, but....

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Asmodean

Lick it. Pant on it. Get tongue back. Declare victory.  ::)
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Insoluble

Quote from: Budhorse4 on January 12, 2016, 02:41:57 PM
That actually makes sense. I cannot wait to get out of this ass backwards area.

This implies the existence of ass forwards areas and I'm not at all sure that I approve of them. :-\

Disapproving of slow drivers, you might disapprove more if they weren't. Know your limitations.

I'm happy, hope you're happy too

Insoluble

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: jumbojak on January 12, 2016, 09:46:43 PM
Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on January 12, 2016, 06:21:37 PMShould I not lick the steel pole in the cold weather with my tongue?

I think that's the recommended procedure Bruno. Lick with the tongue. Not sure what else you would lick it with, but....

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Guardian85

So despite new battery and all the loving care I can provide my car remains a dead popsicle.
Finally gave in and had it towed to a shop. They are going to put it inside over the weekend to thaw out and have a look at it on Monday. Just hope it won't be an expensive fix.

In unrelated news the Red Tape League are dragging their feet in regards to my unemployment benefits, which is starting to put a serious echo in my wallet.

And I am still awaiting response to a very important personal letter I sent some time ago, which is causing considerable stress and nervousness.

And I'm still unemployed.

And it's -22c (-7f for you yanks) temperature outside.

2016 sucks!  :felix:

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Insoluble

Quote from: Guardian85 on January 14, 2016, 12:37:07 PM

And I am still awaiting response to a very important personal letter I sent some time ago, which is causing considerable stress and nervousness.

I promptly replied, so you didn't receive it?
I just  don't see how we can make it work.

Asmodean

So despite new battery and all the loving care I can provide my car remains a dead popsicle.
Finally gave in and had it towed to a shop. They are going to put it inside over the weekend to thaw out and have a look at it on Monday. Just hope it won't be an expensive fix.

In unrelated news the Red Tape League are dragging their feet in regards to my unemployment benefits, which is starting to put a serious echo in my wallet.

Yes, well... Year of The Asmo and all that... Nice is not to be expected.

What's the deal with unemployment benefits? Don't they sort of just have to pay you? Or were you asked to leave the job and did so "of your own accord"? Because then, the rules are slightly different. Basically, they make you wait.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Buddy

That sucks buddy. Hope the government gets their heads out of their asses soon so you can get some money.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

jumbojak

What's the car doing Dag? Turning over but not firing? Turning over and firing but not starting? Not turning over at all despite a new battery? Not that I can really offer any advice as I'm pretty sure Europe uses a different emission control system than our OBDII. It's probably similar but quirky in it's own way.

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Asmodean Prime

My first guess is that something is frozen. A fuel line or some such. Certain makes and models are prone to that.

Guardian85

Quote from: jumbojak on January 14, 2016, 03:09:35 PM
What's the car doing Dag? Turning over but not firing? Turning over and firing but not starting? Not turning over at all despite a new battery? Not that I can really offer any advice as I'm pretty sure Europe uses a different emission control system than our OBDII. It's probably similar but quirky in it's own way.
Current best guess is that the diesel filter started the whole thing, but the frost might have gotten to the starter as well. We'll have to see once it has been thawed out.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

jumbojak

A fuel filter would be an easy fix. So long as it's not one of those damn plastic tabbed fuckers like I have on my car... but you did send it to a shop. They likely have the proper tool to remove the old filter.