News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldGit

You'd need several even for a modest snack.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: OldGit on December 29, 2014, 05:54:01 PM
You'd need several even for a modest snack.

But they're so sweet! 😢
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

OldGit

xSilverPhinx

😮

ETA:  :-X

Weird, what happened to my emoticon?

Eric V Arachnid

Unless I'm making noise I can here my second closest neighbour.
They're at least 100m away doof doof and occasional moronic yelling.
I think it reasonable if I use a bit of my billion to buy a few attack drones.
Sure, mothers will weep but they should have raised them better.
Misanthropic Curmudgeon

Biggus Dickus

Neighbors are getting the ducts in their house cleaned this morning, fucking compressor has been running constantly for an hour now, and it's not even 0830am on a Saturday.

So much for sleeping in....

Sons of bitches!

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Buddy

Quote from: Ali on August 08, 2014, 04:11:56 PM
Quote from: Bruno on August 08, 2014, 03:34:19 PM
Fresh lemonade is da bomb, and if you haven't already try it with fresh mint, and if you need it a little sweeter try covering the rim of the glass with natural cane sugar. (We need a yummy smiley)

Dear Bruno,
Do you ever just lay on your couch and eat pizza rolls (not organic goat cheese and spinach whole wheat pizza rolls, like, Totino's).  Inquiring minds want to know.

Sincerely,
Drinking 64oz of Diet Coke for Breakfast in Denver

I keep forgetting that we are not on Facebook because I tried to like this post.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Firebird

Last night my brother had a party to celebrate the release of his first book. I was not there, nor were my parents, because our relationship with him has disintegrated. He's accused us of homophobia and being an emotionally abusive family, among other ridiculous things, and it got to the point where we just couldn't be there. He's been telling all of his friends the same things, and I couldn't imagine being there and having everyone stare at us thinking what horrible people we supposedly were. Don't get me wrong, we're not perfect and we've had drama like anyone else, but this is the family whom he came out to at 14 with no issues and drove him to gay youth groups when he was a kid, among other things. My family and I have been nothing but supportive of him, his life, and his career. Clearly there's something going on that will require some family therapy, but it hurts nonetheless. We were close once and I'm hoping it's not irretrievable broken.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Tank

When families go wrong they go wrong big time. Sorry to hear you and your family are going through this.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

OldGit

That's sad, Firebird.

Pip the dog has a nasty cut in her rear left paw.  It's been there for a week, but the vet says still no long walks or chasing balls for another week.  Next checkup on Thursday.  The poor dog is nearly bursting with pent-up energy.  :'(

Essie Mae

Awful for you Firebird, especially as you don't seem to really know the reason and you have been so accommodating in the past. Very hurtful.

Sorry your dog is incapacitated OG, hope you're both out there walking very soon now.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: Firebird on October 10, 2015, 09:20:19 PM
Last night my brother had a party to celebrate the release of his first book. I was not there, nor were my parents, because our relationship with him has disintegrated. He's accused us of homophobia and being an emotionally abusive family, among other ridiculous things, and it got to the point where we just couldn't be there. He's been telling all of his friends the same things, and I couldn't imagine being there and having everyone stare at us thinking what horrible people we supposedly were. Don't get me wrong, we're not perfect and we've had drama like anyone else, but this is the family whom he came out to at 14 with no issues and drove him to gay youth groups when he was a kid, among other things. My family and I have been nothing but supportive of him, his life, and his career. Clearly there's something going on that will require some family therapy, but it hurts nonetheless. We were close once and I'm hoping it's not irretrievable broken.

Sorry to hear that, Firebird. It is no fun when people who don't really know the details of your situation/relationship are brought into drama as spectators and assume the worst.
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Biggus Dickus

Family stuff like this can be so frustrating, I think at times it's easier to make amends with strangers than it is family...so much fucking baggage.

Anyway sorry to hear about your problems Firebird... :(

And sorry to hear about your poor pup OlderGit, but I'm sure he's being spoilt while under the weather...here's to a fast recovery.
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Firebird

Thank you all. Situation's been at a slow boil for a couple of years, but it all burst out in the last month. But we're doing our best to resolve it, even with all the anger. Ahh family  :P

Quote from: OldGit on October 11, 2015, 09:57:44 AM
Pip the dog has a nasty cut in her rear left paw.  It's been there for a week, but the vet says still no long walks or chasing balls for another week.  Next checkup on Thursday.  The poor dog is nearly bursting with pent-up energy.  :'(

Good luck to Pip. Any idea how the cut got there?
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

xSilverPhinx

Sad to hear you're going through some family issues, Firebird. I hope it all gets sorted out eventually.

As for Pip, poor thing!