News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

W/M contact

Started by Asmodean, May 07, 2011, 10:39:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asmodean

In light of me havoing to register a sock puppet account to fix my password and a whole mess of other webmaster-needing issues, I think we should have a "contact webmaster" button which would mailto:-link to its own mail account, which Whitney and/or any other person with administrative privileges would be able to check. This would make some frustrating issues easier.

A word of warning though: Make an account like webadmin-haf at hotmail or some such. Do not host this e-mail loocally as it may come under spam attack and the like. It is still a useful feature, if you ask me.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

I would appreciate this facility as well.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Asmodean on May 07, 2011, 10:39:15 AM
In light of me havoing to register a sock puppet account to fix my password

Never mind, a sock puppet may come in useful one day.

Of more importance have you considered the implications of moving the revered Asmo avatar from right side of screen to left.
The old right hand Asmo challenged the reader, left hand asmo is looking away, seems reticent.  Doesn't seem right to me.

Tank

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on May 07, 2011, 02:35:42 PM
Quote from: Asmodean on May 07, 2011, 10:39:15 AM
In light of me havoing to register a sock puppet account to fix my password

Never mind, a sock puppet may come in useful one day.

Of more importance have you considered the implications of moving the revered Asmo avatar from right side of screen to left.
The old right hand Asmo challenged the reader, left hand asmo is looking away, seems reticent.  Doesn't seem right to me.

Quite right!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

There. Grumpy Lumpy is looking the right way now. Quite literally.

Still, would you mind mirroring the mouth (just that) back..? I think it'd look more... Right.  ;D
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Asmodean on May 07, 2011, 02:43:25 PM
There. Grumpy Lumpy is looking the right way now. Quite literally.

Still, would you mind mirroring the mouth (just that) back..? I think it'd look more... Right.  ;D

Whitney

Good idea; aside from the twitter and facebook paged admin at happyatheistforum dot com (or anything @ as it is a catchall account) is something you can remember till a link can be added.

The Magic Pudding

Asmodean

All hail the Pudding!  ;D

Thanks, mate! That there is poyfect  :D

Whitney: Facebook and Twitter are, of course, good to have, yet some people do not use those channels or simply don't think of them as a means of solving some irritating issue as it irritates them. Then they want a button leading to a potential solution within reach.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Whitney

Quote from: Asmodean on May 08, 2011, 10:25:11 AM

Whitney: Facebook and Twitter are, of course, good to have, yet some people do not use those channels or simply don't think of them as a means of solving some irritating issue as it irritates them. Then they want a button leading to a potential solution within reach.

ya...but till i have time to get one on here that won't be easy for bots to spam just remembering that admin [at] happyatheistforum.com will send email to me is good enough...right?

Asmodean

Yes, good enough for me  :)

I was thinking more of the general population who have possibly not read this thread  :P
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Whitney

Quote from: Asmodean on May 08, 2011, 02:53:33 PM
I was thinking more of the general population who have possibly not read this thread  :P

Yes of course...hopefully we won't have any major problems but if there are I can easily go in and throw links to where to contact me and where to get updates onto the home page happyatheistforum.com   

I still need to throw wordpress on there (in which case it would be easy to include a contact me/us page); but it might be a few weeks because my business website needs to be first in line for my next website working on session (need to get it on wordpress too so I can have an easier time keeping my portfolio updated).