News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hermes2015

Does anyone know how Tank is doing?
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Recusant

I just checked, and he posted on Facebook on the 22nd, so still under way. Or rather, since we are speaking of tanks as opposed to nautical vessels, advancing;D 
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

hermes2015

Quote from: Recusant on June 23, 2022, 07:05:38 AMI just checked, and he posted on Facebook on the 22nd, so still under way. Or rather, since we are speaking of tanks as opposed to nautical vessels, advancing;D 

:thumbsup2:
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

billy rubin

i sent him a PM a few days ago. no answer yet

i expected nothing but im still disappointed

Asmodean

So with vacation approaching, The Flying Deutschmann once again re-discovered that Opel is now a part of Peugeot aaand immediately burned up its alternator.

I do wish the recession would end. Wants a new The Deutschmann.  :(
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Tom62

The German government is in panic mode regarding winter gas shortages. The expectation is that gas prices will triple, making it unaffordable for many people. This is what you get when you put all eggs in a single (Russian) basket and shutdown all nuclear plants. Trump warned them, but they wouldn't listen. 
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

billy rubin

the germans have always been bad about percieving tbe big picture

well, maybe not percieving, but certainly planni g

billy rubin

today my countrys supreme court has demonstrated that they are political shills for a right wing minority

Icarus

They have done that without apparent shame or common sense Billy.   The shit has hit the fan and there are massive protests throughout the land.

The Roe decision has fallen under the influence of the religious right.  Trump may be a dumb ass but he is certainly capable of causing massive unrest as in this case.  He pretty much appointed three Supreme Court justices who were almost certain to kill the Roe vs Wade adjudication from 1978. Senator McConnel, and his toadies, were also  culpable in the extreme.

The timing is questionable because we are right in the middle of the Pride celbrations.  One can wonder whether the timing was intentional or not.  He pride people do not have many dogs in this hunt.

In any case, the outrage felt by women across the nation will slowly subside.  The outcome is that the November elections may not, probably will not, reflect the outrage of the present crop of dangerously determined women.   I am on their side.  A bunch of old white christian, god botherer, guys do not get to dictate the fate of any womans uterus. But they have done so.

Come November elections, let us hope that millions of women will continue to be angry and threaten to "cut off" their husbands or boyfriends if the males do not resoundingly vote the GOP candidates out. 

Tom62

Interesting enough are most of my conservative atheist friends on Facebook pro-Choice and very upset that the religious extremists have taken over the GOP. There is also a fear that there will be a lot of left extremist violence in the coming months. 
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

billy rubin

interesting times, no doubt

Harmonie

Quote from: Icarus on June 25, 2022, 03:17:00 AMThe timing is questionable because we are right in the middle of the Pride celbrations.  One can wonder whether the timing was intentional or not.  He pride people do not have many dogs in this hunt.

I wouldn't be so sure - Abortion is accepted by an overwhelming majority of people in the USA, and there is a lot of intersectionality when it comes to the Pride community.

Plus, I can say that we are not immune from this problem. Even for women who are lesbian, that doesn't mean (content warning ahead) that a man...can't have his way with us anyway. This is hard to think about, but it's unfortunately something that can happen, and when abortion is banned that makes it far more traumatizing. So, abortion is an issue for lesbians, as well.

It's also an issue for bisexual women and trans men. Plenty of people in the Pride community are effected by abortion bans.

QuoteCome November elections, let us hope that millions of women will continue to be angry and threaten to "cut off" their husbands or boyfriends if the males do not resoundingly vote the GOP candidates out.

I hope so, but I fear that there will be a lot of apathy toward the Democrats. People who don't see the larger picture see Democrat inaction right now and think that electing Democrats does not do anything.

They don't realize that, yes, voting matters. Because if everyone had gotten out to vote in 2016, Trump wouldn't have been able to overpower the popular vote with the electoral college and we wouldn't be in this predicament. That's it, it's really that simple.

They also may not realize that the tightness of the Senate right now is causing problems. Democrats need a real lead in the Senate to get stuff done. But people don't see the nuance of what is going on and just think "Dems have the lead and still aren't doing anything".

Sadly, I don't think people will realize what's actually happening. I'm not optimistic about the future of the US federal government at all right now. Voter suppression combined with leftist and liberal apathy will only lead to GOP domination for the foreseeable future.

They're literally going to ruin our country for decades and I'm so mad. GET OUT AND VOTE. And KEEP ON DOING IT. Never let the right have power again. This apathy will be the end of this otherwise.

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

No one

The vagina ladened humans are already encumbered with mammory glands and estrogen, how could they possibly hope to be trusted with anything, let alone the decision to determine or even embrace what's best for them unless, my penis resolves it for them?

Asmodean

Quote from: Icarus on June 25, 2022, 03:17:00 AMThe Roe decision has fallen under the influence of the religious right.  Trump may be a dumb ass but he is certainly capable of causing massive unrest as in this case.  He pretty much appointed three Supreme Court justices who were almost certain to kill the Roe vs Wade adjudication from 1978. Senator McConnel, and his toadies, were also  culpable in the extreme.
Not going to resurrect a argument from a different thread here, but for a quick question;

I think it's always a good thing, revisiting and overturning prior bad decisions. That's a big part of why we vote and why in a democracy, there are generally different and conflicting directions to vote for. Partly, we hope to shape the future. Partly, we try to fix the mistakes made in the past.

You may think that the decision in Roe v. Wade was not a mistake, and/or that we have arrived at this point by taking all the back alleys, so to speak, but if you would assume that this decision rests upon the shoulders of "idiots and toadies," then would you mind explaining to Americans who happen to think like me on the matter how they are one or the other?

QuoteThe timing is questionable because we are right in the middle of the Pride celbrations.  One can wonder whether the timing was intentional or not.  He pride people do not have many dogs in this hunt.
When are we not?

A hyperbolic question, to be sure, but hey, I always get my pay raises during pride celebrations. Do I thank the gays, or may it just be because it's July?

That said, I never understood the need to celebrate or have pride in the ways consenting adults rub their genitals against other consenting adults in a private setting, but mothers get a day. (Two, if you include women's day) Fathers and children get nothing. Straight people - fuck them. All they are good for is having kids who will one day pay my pension. Now the Alphabet people (Who I absolutely do not equate to someone who just happens to be homosexual or trans or whatever - and considers it a personal matter), they deserve to be celebrated. For a month in a year. Plus every other day of elevating "gay shit" at the expense of anything that is not.

Personally, I'm proud of the ways I conduct my romantic affairs. I think I do so with honour and integrity. I'm proud of it privately, though I will answer many direct questions if asked. I refuse to be proud on their [the alphabet soup activists] behalf.

[/end rant]

QuoteIn any case, the outrage felt by women across the nation will slowly subside.  The outcome is that the November elections may not, probably will not, reflect the outrage of the present crop of dangerously determined women.   I am on their side.  A bunch of old white christian, god botherer, guys do not get to dictate the fate of any womans uterus. But they have done so.
Do you expect that women universally oppose this decision? Do you expect it takes religion and testicles to support it? Do you think there is nothing more to the discussion than whose vagina it happens to be? Or who is outraged by what for how long?

What if we look at a particular case and the aborted foetus has a vagina? Would that be the case of men killing a woman with the law in hand?

Also, since I can't resist, and the question is not directed at you, what is a woman?

QuoteCome November elections, let us hope that millions of women will continue to be angry and threaten to "cut off" their husbands or boyfriends if the males do not resoundingly vote the GOP candidates out.
If women are so universally angry about this, they ought not need men to accomplish that. Some men do think as you do. If all women join them - it's more than enough.

Personally, not holding my breath. I think "you" are sitting on a numerical majority in this case, even as it stands, but there are other issues to vote over.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Magdalena

Baby Oil and Booty Shorts.
 :smilenod:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant