Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by gwyn428, January 25, 2009, 09:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asmodean

Quote from: Ihateyoumike on July 05, 2012, 07:20:54 PM
Lol Asmo. I knew you'd understand.
Of course. His Grayness listens to lyrics when they sound even remotely likeable.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Crow

Retired member.

Crow

Retired member.

Ali

Quote from: Crow on July 10, 2012, 07:34:56 PM
CVL† SH‡† - ┼CRΣ3PƦ┼

Writing like that gets on my tits though.

LOL  Me too.

Grouplove - Colours 

The singer really reminds of of Frank Black.  Love Frank Black. 

En_Route

Quote from: Ali on July 11, 2012, 04:42:52 PM
CVL† SH‡† - ┼CRΣ3PƦ┼

LOL  Me too.

Grouplove - Colours  

The singer really reminds of of Frank Black.  Love Frank Black.  

At last- we have something in common (thinks: thanks to the law of large numbers). I saw the great man a few years back in Dublin;he mainly played his way through the Bluefinger album, which was slightly disappointing but still an experience to see him in the (substantial)flesh.
Some ideas are so stupid only an intellectual could believe them (Orwell).

Ali

Quote from: En_Route on July 11, 2012, 05:03:02 PM
CVL† SH‡† - ┼CRΣ3PƦ┼

LOL  Me too.

Grouplove - Colours  

At last- we have something in common (thinks: thanks to the law of large numbers). I saw the great man a few years back in Dublin;he mainly played his way through the Bluefinger album, which was slightly disappointing but still an experience to see him in the (substantial)flesh.

Oooh, I'm jealous that you've seen him live.  Did he play King and Queen of Siam?  That's my favorite FB & the Catholics song.  True story: I once broke uop with a boy in college over that song.  Something about "I want to be loved like that."  I was smoking a bit of pot at the time.

En_Route

Quote from: Ali on July 11, 2012, 05:10:12 PM
Quote from: En_Route on July 11, 2012, 05:03:02 PM
CVL† SH‡† - ┼CRΣ3PƦ┼

LOL  Me too.

Grouplove - Colours  

Oooh, I'm jealous that you've seen him live.  Did he play King and Queen of Siam?  That's my favorite FB & the Catholics song.  True story: I once broke uop with a boy in college over that song.  Something about "I want to be loved like that."  I was smoking a bit of pot at the time.

As I recall, he played virtually nothing from the back catalogue. He did do a busking session beforehand in the city centre which I missed when I think he performed older material including some Pixies's songs and was almost arrested for his pains.
Some ideas are so stupid only an intellectual could believe them (Orwell).

Ali

Saigon - The Letter P

I love that song, but I have to think he wasn't picturing 30-something suburban moms as his target audience when he wrote it.  ;D

Siz

808 State - Pacific

Sky - Danza

Rodrigo y Gabriella - Orion (Metallica classic played flamenco style - brilliantly covered IMHO)

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Crow

Quote from: Scissorlegs on July 14, 2012, 04:49:10 PM
808 State - Pacific

If you like 808 State check out "The Future Sound of London", "The Orb", "Hexstatic", "Boards of Canada", "Coldcut", oh and "Orbital".
Retired member.

The Magic Pudding

Siz

Quote from: The Magic Pudding link=topic=2626.mshr]g181261#msg181261 date=1342283034]

Ahhh, now I geddit. Nice artwork!

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Sandra Craft

Going old school this morning, as the kids say:  River Deep, Mountain High
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Amicale

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Crow

TNGHT - Bugg'n

I cant wait to get my mitts onto the EP when its released.
Retired member.