News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by gwyn428, January 25, 2009, 09:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

Quote from: hermes2015 on September 29, 2021, 05:19:19 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on September 28, 2021, 10:09:58 PM
hermes2015, I invite you to just sit with me for a while and just stare at him.
:grin:

Nothing wrong with that? Right?  ;D

Nothing at all! Thank you for that—it certainly triggered my gaydar.
OK.
I'm not sure what that means, but it sounds like a lot of fun.  :grin:

Quote from: hermes2015 on September 29, 2021, 05:19:19 AM
I'm pretty sure he bats for my team.
I'm not sure about that, but it must be nice to be desired by both sides.  :tellmemore:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

hermes2015

Quote from: Magdalena on September 29, 2021, 07:03:33 AM
OK.
I'm not sure what that means, but it sounds like a lot of fun.  :grin:

Gaydar is derived from radar. It is the uncanny ability of gay people to detect other gay people, sometimes at great distance, while straight people may be totally unaware of the truth.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

billy rubin

Quote from: hermes2015 on September 29, 2021, 05:26:18 AM
Quote from: billy rubin on September 26, 2021, 06:31:36 PM
another attempt. people cannot leave it alone

no cgi in this film. it was 100 percent analog wysiwyg, which is perhaps why it is so compelling. nothing in it is altered. all of it is real. and its got weird references, like when the warrior is killed by a volley of arrows, and falls back, supported by their shafts. thats straight out of the mahabharata, and makes me wonder what else  am missing.

and ive never tried to read finnegans wake. i know my limitations

Thank you for the lead. I've never seen it, but your recommendation is enough for me, so will make a point of watching it. Speaking of visually compelling movies, one of my all-time favourites is Visconti's Death in Venice. He used Mahler's music very effectively.

you overestimate my opinions

but the film is impressive

set the function, not the mechanism.

Magdalena

Quote from: hermes2015 on September 29, 2021, 07:44:31 AM
Gaydar is derived from radar. It is the uncanny ability of gay people to detect other gay people, sometimes at a great distance, while straight people may be totally unaware of the truth.
Interesting.
I didn't know this.
What percent of the time would you say your Gaydar is correct?
:eyebrow:

~Just curious.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

hermes2015

Quote from: Magdalena on September 29, 2021, 10:57:33 PM
Gaydar is derived from radar. It is the uncanny ability of gay people to detect other gay people, sometimes at a great distance, while straight people may be totally unaware of the truth.
Interesting.
I didn't know this.

~Just curious.

I am very good at it, so probably around 90%. I have made just a few (embarrassing) mistakes!  :snicker1:
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Bad Penny II

Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Magdalena

Quote from: hermes2015 on September 30, 2021, 04:03:58 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on September 29, 2021, 10:57:33 PM
Interesting.
I didn't know this.

~Just curious.

I am very good at it, so probably around 90%. I have made just a few (embarrassing) mistakes!  :snicker1:
:snicker:

billy rubin

i made a mistake once. thats all im going to say about it

hermes2015

Quote from: billy rubin on September 30, 2021, 11:46:07 PM
i made a mistake once. thats all im going to say about it

You can't leave us hanging, you naughty thing! Please tell more.
:hourglass:
― Charles Eames

billy rubin

nope. nope. nope

it was way back when i was young and indiscriminate

billy rubin

billy rubin

hermes2015

Quote from: billy rubin on October 02, 2021, 12:38:00 AM
nope. nope. nope

it was way back when i was young and indiscriminate

OK, I can relate to that. I was the same then, but now I am old and indiscriminate.
― Charles Eames

billy rubin

billy rubin