Happy Atheist Forum

havana syndrome

billy rubin

• humble azpirant to the throne3 of typos
  • i actually do not know what LætusAtheos means
havana syndrome
« on: September 22, 2021, 12:53:16 AM »
the US just had another cia operative come down with havana syndrome, this time in india, i think

some state department people are saying this problem actually dates back to the 1960s.

current public talk is that it may be focused microwave radiation. if this is true, couldnt an ordinary radar detector set to a broad frequency range be used to determine that?

it looks suspicious to me that this has been going on for yearscwith no public disclosure as to even what it is.

i smell a rat

Affecting travellers every year, this bizarre phenomenon sees visitors to Florence suffer psychological breakdowns after being overwhelmed by the city's abundance of great art.

Ecurb Noselrub

• No Wall in my name!!!
Re: havana syndrome
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2021, 12:56:02 PM »
I thought Havana Syndrome was drinking a Cuba Libre while doing the Danzon.

billy rubin

Affecting travellers every year, this bizarre phenomenon sees visitors to Florence suffer psychological breakdowns after being overwhelmed by the city's abundance of great art.

xSilverPhinx

• Non Dvcor
  • I Spy With My Googly Eyes...JOY! IAGO!
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2021, 01:57:47 PM »
I'm not sure this is a real thing. :notsure: At least not in the sense of anything besides pure psychological responses. It could also be totally made up "finger pointing" at other countries for whatever reason. :shrug:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

billy rubin

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2021, 06:30:56 PM »
there are several hundred people who are reporti g symptoms now.

billy rubin

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2021, 12:40:59 PM »
another one in colombia

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-58893344.amp&ved=2ahUKEwjF-e3058nzAhUkmHIEHYawA98QFnoECBAQAQ&usg=AOvVaw1vFEGZGXwwFRzenthJXhNj&ampcf=1

On Tuesday, the Wall Street Journal first reported that emails sent by US Ambassador to Colombia Philip Goldberg confirmed a number of "unexplained health incidents" or UHIs - the term used for Havana syndrome by the US government - since mid-September.

the incidents seem to be ongoing at a variety of places, and then get leaked prior to a visit by some amrrican government official.

if it is true that this been reported in us embassies since the 1960s, then it serms extremely unlikely to me that we dont know what it is.