News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

The Bishop and the Authoress

Started by Recusant, September 15, 2021, 06:32:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recusant

He played around with fire, now he's for the Big Roast. I suppose everybody here has already heard about this story, but I don't think it should go without being noted in these pages.  :lol:

"Priests fear bishop is possessed after he falls for writer of satanic erotica" | The Telegraph

QuoteA Spanish bishop known for performing exorcisms has resigned after reportedly falling in love with an author of satanic-themed erotic fiction, sparking fears among his former Catholic colleagues that he has been possessed by the devil.

Xavier Novell, 52, who became Spain's youngest bishop when named in 2010, resigned in late August, with Church authorities in Solsona, Catalonia, citing "personal reasons" for his decision.

But sources quoted by the Catholic publication Religión Digital this week confirmed rumours that Mr Novell had embarked on a relationship with Silvia Caballol, a psychologist and writer of erotic novels, leading him to set aside his vow of celibacy.

He said he had "fallen in love" and "wanted to do the right thing", according to reports, in reference to the relationship with the 38-year-old author of The Hell of Gabriel's Lust and the erotic trilogy Amnesia.

Ms Caballol, a divorcée, is described by her publishing house Lacre as a "dynamic and transgressive author [who] turns upside down our ideas of morality and ethics".

[Continues . . .]
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Tank

Hahahaha!

I was not aware of this story :D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

No one

To be fair, the poor bishop was slanted to begin with.

Icarus

Classic battle between the chemistries of the human body. On  the one hand, the religious and mental chemistry is pitted against the natural (should I say God Given?) hormonal tempest.  The hormonal one is far more pleasurable for most of us.