News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Netflix

Started by Tank, October 02, 2018, 10:52:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hermes2015

Quote from: Tank on June 01, 2020, 09:38:44 AM
A surprisingly good little Netflix series, Space Force.

It's a skit/satire on Trump's 'Space Force'. It's a lovely little gentle piece with the odd belly laugh and a bit of pathos too. Not what I expected at all. Highly recommended.

Hermes you'll need a box of tissues for episode 6.

So far I've watched the first 6 episodes. You are right, number 6 was touching. The series isn't bad, and even Steve Carell, who usually irritates me no end, is good. Can you explain to me why his wife is in prison?

For me the highlight is John Malkovich, who is brilliant as always. Oh, and of course Chan is delectable.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tank

Quote from: hermes2015 on June 02, 2020, 04:55:01 AM
Quote from: Tank on June 01, 2020, 09:38:44 AM
A surprisingly good little Netflix series, Space Force.

It's a skit/satire on Trump's 'Space Force'. It's a lovely little gentle piece with the odd belly laugh and a bit of pathos too. Not what I expected at all. Highly recommended.

Hermes you'll need a box of tissues for episode 6.

So far I've watched the first 6 episodes. You are right, number 6 was touching. The series isn't bad, and even Steve Carell, who usually irritates me no end, is good. Can you explain to me why his wife is in prison?

For me the highlight is John Malkovich, who is brilliant as always. Oh, and of course Chan is delectable.

Agreed on all points. I would not have watched it because of Steve Carell unless I had seen him interviewed about it on the Graham Norton show. And I like Captain Ali :)

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Randy

My former son-in-law had me on his account. He finally canceled it. I'm debating on whether I should start my own account again.

I have Hulu with Starz and Amazon Prime already. Hulu just disappointed me. There is a movie I want to watch but can't hear it. With the volume turned all the way up it's still barely audible.

I didn't watch Netflix much although I'd search for a movie on it from time to time but never found anything that grabbed me. It's the only reason why I haven't started a new account.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Anne D.

The Jeffrey Epstein documentary series was good. Will have to check out Messiah.

Tank

Quote from: Anne D. on June 04, 2020, 05:48:39 AM
The Jeffrey Epstein documentary series was good. Will have to check out Messiah.

Messiah is very good.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Tank

Just watched the ZZ Top documentary. Excellent.

xSilverPhinx

I've finished watching The Witcher and have started Sherlock Holmes.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

jumbojak

I've been watching Castlevania. It's very good.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Bluenose

I recently binged the first two series of The Umbrella Academy.  Waiting now impatiently for the third series.  Thoroughly recommend!
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Bluenose on September 07, 2020, 02:13:24 AM
I recently binged the first two series of The Umbrella Academy.  Waiting now impatiently for the third series.  Thoroughly recommend!

On my list! :grin:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Randy

Quote from: Bluenose on September 07, 2020, 02:13:24 AM
I watched the first season of it last year. It's time for the second.
Oh, the first half of Lucifer's final season came out. That's a must watch for me!
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Bluenose

Binged the first season of Away.  (Gotta have something to do during lockdown :D )

Enjoyed it apart from a few technical issues, but then I'm one of those who like to point out all the errors in military, historical and science based movies and series. LOL

GNU Terry Pratchett

Tank

Just finished 'The Queens Gambit'. Very good story, very absorbing, highly recommended.

Bluenose

Quote from: Tank on December 28, 2020, 08:06:26 PM
Just finished 'The Queens Gambit'. Very good story, very absorbing, highly recommended.

Yes, a very good series, well written, well acted and well cast.  Complete enjoyment!

GNU Terry Pratchett

Tank

If you're looking for the television version of a vanilla slice then I recommend Bridgerton. It's set in Georgian period and it is in the style of Jane Austin. Totally light, totally fluffy almost satire of the genera. If you want to take your brain out for a few hours it's great.

It has some interesting casting.