News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

What are you watching?

Started by Claireliontamer, October 31, 2015, 05:17:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anne D.

That was great, Magdalena--thank you. Finally watched Last Night in Soho and really liked it.

Magdalena

Quote from: Anne D. on January 29, 2022, 05:26:39 AM
That was great, Magdalena--thank you. Finally watched Last Night in Soho and really liked it.
:boaterhat:
You're welcome, Anne D.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

hermes2015

I still think the original Alien directed by Ridley Scott was one of the best science fiction movies, or even non-science fiction movies. Can anyone recommend any other good SF movies? They often start well, but then after the first 10 minutes I lose interest. That was not the case with Alien.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tank

Dune old and new.
Enders Game.
Aliens, but you've seen that.
The Thing with Curt Russell.
Being There.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

hermes2015

Quote from: Tank on February 08, 2022, 04:20:28 PM
Dune old and new.
Enders Game.
Being There.

Thank you. I have seen most of those, except Being There. Wasn't Peter Sellers in it?
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tank

Quote from: hermes2015 on February 08, 2022, 05:55:17 PM
Quote from: Tank on February 08, 2022, 04:20:28 PM
Dune old and new.
Enders Game.
Being There.

Thank you. I have seen most of those, except Being There. Wasn't Peter Sellers in it?

It was Sellers' second to last movie. And it's not really Sci Fi but it really is a must watch film.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

hermes2015

― Charles Eames

Biggus Dickus

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

hermes2015

― Charles Eames

billy rubin

revisiting clips of this old motion picture

its been fifty years since this film was released.

what have we learned?

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

hermes2015

The power of music to stir our emotions. Bob Fosse's choreography and Joel Grey's performance were two of my favourite things in that movie.
― Charles Eames

billy rubin

joel grey was unforgettsble

i read thst he took sevrrsl awards for it that year.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Icarus

National Geographic's channel. Clotilda.  The story of the 1860 ship that brought 110 slaves to Mobile Alabama.  The ship found its way, at night, up the Mobile River.  Secrecy was the intent.  The ship topsides was torched and it's hull sank.  The remains of the hull are still there.

hermes2015

Quote from: billy rubin on February 13, 2022, 04:40:33 AM
joel grey was unforgettsble

i read thst he took sevrrsl awards for it that year.

I have to confess that, in spite of my 50% Jewish ancestry, I was disturbingly swept up and emotional by that boy's singing and how the onlookers joined in. That's what I meant by the power of music. Yet, some people tell me that music does not move them.
― Charles Eames

Tank