News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hermes2015

Quote from: jumbojak on May 22, 2022, 09:37:17 PMIt's moving day.

Good luck and don't forget to post some photos.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

jumbojak

Quote from: billy rubin on May 23, 2022, 02:23:53 AMmoving where?

is it sn improvement?

So much of an improvement. I'm sleeping on a cot, but there are no mice, the roof is solid, and I have a ten minute drive to work.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

billy rubin

a good roof is importsnt

the last place i lived on california had holes on tbe roof so big i could look up at the stars at night lying in my bed

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Magdalena

Does anyone know how Tank is doing?

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Magdalena on May 31, 2022, 10:55:51 PMDoes anyone know how Tank is doing?

I think he is busy making preparations for the Queen's Jubilee.

hermes2015

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on June 01, 2022, 05:14:02 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on May 31, 2022, 10:55:51 PMDoes anyone know how Tank is doing?

I think he is busy making preparations for the Queen's Jubilee.

I hope he behaves properly at the Palace. I think he is the only HAF member who was invited.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

billy rubin

is it true that she is engaged to keith richards?

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

hermes2015

Quote from: billy rubin on June 01, 2022, 10:10:47 PMis it true that she is engaged to keith richards?

My inside sources have confirmed it.
― Charles Eames

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Ecurb Noselrub

Actually, I hoped that silliness like this would motivate Tank to respond, but I guess not. The Queen demands undivided attention.

Magdalena

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on June 02, 2022, 11:37:50 AMActually, I hoped that silliness like this would motivate Tank to respond, but I guess not. The Queen demands undivided attention.
;D

I got a hold of him on Facebook. He went home from the hospital.
--That's good to hear.
 :)

Ecurb Noselrub

Yes, home from the hospital just in time to celebrate!!

Ecurb Noselrub

I turn 70 on September 19. Will Tank consider organizing my Platinum Jubilee?

The Queen ascended to the throne earlier in the year I was born. She has been Queen all my life. Looking at Charles and Camilla, I hope Liz stays on another 20 years.

Tom62

To fight the high petrol cost our German government introduced two initiatives for the summer months. A 30 cents tax reduction on petrol and a 7 Euro monthly ticket for public transport (regional busses and trains).

This sounds great in theory but neglected the greed of the oil companies, who quickly increased their prices by 20-40 cents the day before and the bad conditions that the German public transport are already in. Trains don't run on time, are badly maintained, are overly full, run on bad tracks (last week a dreadful accident happened in the state of Bayern), have bad managers (mainly ex-politicians) and are badly financed for more than 70 years. What happened this holiday weekend was predictable. An enormous chaos broke out on all train stations that had trains going to popular holiday destinations.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Bluenose

Huge surprise yesterday.  My daughter is expecting a new arrival in mid December!  Yay!  Never thought this would happen, but now my son's two daughters will have at least one cousin. Dancing for joy over here!   :cheerleader:
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett