Quote from: hermes2015 on October 20, 2021, 02:38:11 PM
Quote from: billy rubin on October 19, 2021, 07:12:38 PM
look! thats me in the back

Please clarify, or am I being obtuse?

nah

im just laughing at myself and where i have chosen to live out my days

some of the caricatures in the video make me think ofmyself

Stranger in a strange land?
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

No one

Bad Penny II

Quote from: hermes2015 on October 20, 2021, 02:44:55 PM
Quote from: Bad Penny II on October 20, 2021, 01:36:18 PM

That's great. Call me old-fashioned, but I think up to the mid 70s were his best years.

You're old fashioned.  :)
I love his 69-75 stuff (he did some awesomely awful stuff in the 60s).
I'd push the line another five years, how can Heroes be on the wrong side?
But we're only small nit picking people and he is him.

Take my advice, don't listen to me.

No one

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Anne D.

Quote from: Tank on October 21, 2021, 06:43:41 PM
No one likes that.

Ha, ha.  :)

Everybody likes David Bowie, though.

No one

billy rubin

ive loved this since i was a little kid, before motorcycles even

my parents bought me a performance with a voice over narrated by sterling holloway, and i listened to it for hours, over and over

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

billy rubin

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

billy rubin

music is fascinating. look at these poles. probably not one in ten of em can speak a word of english.

but theyre playing something that to me sounds as american as a chicago baseball game.

this weird way music can transcend cultures is what makes it so interesting

and then look at the little girl playing th epiano. fifteen years old.

with no sheet music.

hermes2015

Quote from: billy rubin on October 22, 2021, 08:15:25 PM
this weird way music can transcend cultures is what makes it so interesting

:thumbsup:
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

billy rubin

i never knew there was an instrumental version of this

billy rubin

i have not forgotten this southerner

i had enough money to buy a decent handpan, but i spent it on carburetters instead.

life is always a trade off. i used to go to the antique car flea market/jumbles with a friend, looking for parts for my 1950 hudson, and i had to recite before i went in

life is too short to own them all . . .

and it is, and even that was many years ago

but the hand pan is on the conveyor and sooner or later its time will come or i will be dead

and not concerned.

hermes2015

Quote from: billy rubin on October 27, 2021, 02:57:07 AM
i have not forgotten this southerner

i had enough money to buy a decent handpan, but i spent it on carburetters instead.

life is always a trade off. i used to go to the antique car flea market/jumbles with a friend, looking for parts for my 1950 hudson, and i had to recite before i went in

life is too short to own them all . . .

and it is, and even that was many years ago

but the hand pan is on the conveyor and sooner or later its time will come or i will be dead

and not concerned.

I see a connection with classical music there. Debussy was impressed with gamelan music and it had an impact on his style.

― Charles Eames

billy rubin

did it now?

i grew up with a set of these hanging on the wall, tye round ones

never knew that abou5 debussy