News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

It's Sunday. What are you going to do today?

Started by Tank, February 14, 2021, 10:21:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Tank on March 07, 2021, 02:12:28 PM
Quote from: Dark Lightning on March 07, 2021, 01:47:28 PM
The wife and I are going up the coast for awhile today.

That sounds lovely. How long does it take to get there?

It's about 15 miles as the crow flies, but 25 miles by highway, so about 25 minutes. We'll probably go 50 or so miles on the Pacific Coast Highway, and get lunch somewhere.

Tank

Quote from: Dark Lightning on March 07, 2021, 04:19:24 PM

It's about 15 miles as the crow flies, but 25 miles by highway, so about 25 minutes. We'll probably go 50 or so miles on the Pacific Coast Highway, and get lunch somewhere.

That sounds absolutely lovely.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Randy

I used to go to the beach about three times per year. It was a six hour drive to the Florida panhandle. I haven't been able to go in years due to health reasons. But take a few pictures while you're out there and share them. :)
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

xSilverPhinx

That sounds nice. ;D I'm not a beach person myself but understand that there are other human beings that appreciate a visit to the coastline.  :P
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

I took a power nap after lunch and woke up at 16h :grin:

Dark Lightning

:???: Wife changed her mind and we ended up not going. That's fine, I'm going to be by the beach on Tuesday when I go visit one of my fellow wood carving forumites, and go to the wood boutique to buy some more carving tools.

Tank

I'll be trying the fittings on my mother in laws ash casket. Potting on my main crop spuds.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

hermes2015

I am just messing around with some left over fast set concrete. Just randomly playing with crazy modifications of spherical shapes. The material cannot be handled as easily as pottery clay, but I've found a way to roll it into slabs and bend them before it sets in about 20 minutes. Just slightly too much water makes it too floppy to handle well. Luckily, this stuff isn't as corrosive on the hands as traditional cement, so I don't have to wear rubber gloves.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tom62

I'll be cleaning the kitchen and the bathroom.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Tank

Quote from: Tom62 on March 14, 2021, 08:59:48 AM

Do you like cleaning? I don't enjoy it as a rule but if I set too on a particular project I do.

Tom62

Quote from: Tank on March 14, 2021, 09:06:55 AM

Do you like cleaning? I don't enjoy it as a rule but if I set too on a particular project I do.

Not really, but once I've started I can't stop until it finished and I'll be glad that I did it.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Tank

Quote from: Tom62 on March 14, 2021, 09:09:15 AM
Quote from: Tank on March 14, 2021, 09:06:55 AM

Not really, but once I've started I can't stop until it finished and I'll be glad that I did it.

Same here.

xSilverPhinx

Fill out tax forms, work on my research project, work on the literature review we haven't submitted yet, watch a few tutorials on programming in R, for fun.

Tank

Well today is my first 'Mass Womble'. I'm meeting up with some other 'Wombles' a few minutes walk away and then we're going to clear up the litter on the verges of one of the main roads into Leeds.

This afternoon I'm going to be experimenting with 'bullet hinges'.

hermes2015

Quote from: Tank on March 21, 2021, 08:05:36 AM
Well today is my first 'Mass Womble'. I'm meeting up with some other 'Wombles' a few minutes walk away and then we're going to clear up the litter on the verges of one of the main roads into Leeds.

This afternoon I'm going to be experimenting with 'bullet hinges'.

Good luck with your shot at bullet hinges.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames