News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Don't order from 'The Arrogant Atheist'

Started by MinnesotaMike, November 14, 2011, 05:08:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MinnesotaMike

I spent $30 on what is probably the cheapest made shirt I own, and it took almost a month to arrive. Pics of how bad it is:

This is the shirt as advertised on their website.

Transparent griffin, a lot of text came off after first wash, missing entire section of tribal print (compared to website pic), and the only gold stitching actually on this shirt is
A.) not in the place advertised
B.) cutting into the wing of the griffin at the bottom

Here you can see the print holes that were present both when it arrived and after the first time I washed it. No, I didn't do anything weird with the settings, it got tossed in with the rest of the darks.

You can't quite see it in this picture, but the squiggle that was supposed to be a design is also rather opaque.

The only thing I noticed when it arrived was that the printing and material were pretty low quality, but it looked good from 10 feet so I didn't want to bother them with a refund/exchange. Then I saw how much it deteriorated after one wash, and just recently I compared it to the picture on the website... yeah, epic fail.
Absence of knowledge is not reason for faith.

I'm infallible (if I'm not mistaken)

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Whitney

From looking at it...I'd say that he printed it himself; explains the long time to delivery and quality issues.  It's possible to create nice prints from home but printing on black (especially with white) is difficult or next to impossible with hobby supplies.  He may have also washed the shirt before printing onto it...that makes the paint less likely to stick.

I'd suggest sending the pictures and just asking for a replacement saying that you don't want to have to mess with shipping costs for the return.  I don't see why he'd need the t-shirt back and it's possible that you just got a bad batch or something...

I've been thinking about starting a small line of t-shirt designs (probably science related) that I print from home but issues like this is why I won't start selling till I'm certain everything holds up to normal wear and washing.  So far so good with certain color combinations and design patterns....not so good with white on anything or detailed designs.

Pharaoh Cat

Quote from: Whitney on November 14, 2011, 02:31:32 PM
I've been thinking about starting a small line of t-shirt designs (probably science related) that I print from home but issues like this is why I won't start selling till I'm certain everything holds up to normal wear and washing.  So far so good with certain color combinations and design patterns....not so good with white on anything or detailed designs.

Sounds cool!  Simple designs can look great on T-shirts.  Here's a water molecule as depicted at http://www.artofchemistry.com/images/water%20green.gif

I would totally wear this on a green T-shirt!

"The Logic Elf rewards anyone who thinks logically."  (Jill)