News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Vice President Pence

Started by Ecurb Noselrub, January 15, 2021, 09:51:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecurb Noselrub

Vice President Pence is effectively the acting President now, while the actual holder of that title is stewing and fuming in the caldron of his own alternate reality. Pence supported this man for four years and helped implement his policies, most of which were bad for the nation.  For this he will have to answer to history and his own conscience.  However, now at the end, he is showing himself to be a decent and rational man. He fulfilled his constitutional duties on January 6, and almost paid for it with his life, thanks to his boss.  He has now reached out to Vice President Elect Harris and offered to assist her in the transition. He will attend the Inauguration.  He is urging calm and a peaceful transition of power.  Good for him. While I disagree with most of his politics and positions, at least he is acting like a human being at the end. I'm glad someone is being an adult.

There were a few GOP folks who showed integrity during this debacle, like Georgia Secretary of State Raffensperger and Senator Romney. But the majority of them acted like the craven political animals they are.  My own dear state of Texas was repeatedly embarrassed by the likes of Cruz, Paxton and Gohmert.  Pence is separating himself from the pack now, and for that he deserves credit, notwithstanding his other faults.

Dark Lightning

I disagree with the man's religious and political stances, but other than that,  ::) he does seem a decent sort. I'm hoping against hope that the Senate convicts the chump, but it would appear that there are still too many Republicans who are loyal to the chump instead of their country. More's the pity.   :(

billy rubin

what's the deal with ted cruz?

he was quick to try to co-op hawley's vendetta against the certification while it was making headlines, but now that the whole thing has been shown up in a bad light he's staying out of sight and letting hawley take all the heat.

i confess that some politicians are so openly worthless that makes me want to take them all and hold their heads in a bucket of water for about twenty minutes, each.

does ted really think that nobody is going to call him out? he has to come up for air sometime.

added. here's th e snake himself:

"What I was doing is debating on the floor of the Senate election integrity," Cruz said during an interview with KXAS-TV, an NBC affiliate in Fort Worth, Texas. "That has nothing to do with this criminal terrorist assault, which was wrong and needs to be prosecuted. It's exactly the opposite. What I was doing is how you're supposed to resolve issues in this country."

Like other lawmakers, Cruz said he believed Trump's rhetoric had contributed to the siege on the Capitol.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Ecurb Noselrub

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on January 16, 2021, 03:11:21 AM
Cruz sucks.

It's disgusting to watch him do the weasel-walk for the chump. And sad. I still have to wonder how all these people just kiss the chump's ass when they could just form a group that opposes him. Maybe because enough of their constituents actually support what the chump does? I thought that I lived in a better country than that. Guess not? By the same token, nobody around here has taken their Trump/Pence political shit off of their cars out of their yards, after the shit went down.

Ecurb Noselrub

Same here.  I have several neighbors still flying Trump flags.  Go figure.

Tank

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on January 16, 2021, 07:07:03 PM
Same here.  I have several neighbors still flying Trump flags.  Go figure.

Emotional bonds are difficult to break.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Icarus

There is no cure for the stupid syndrome.

xSilverPhinx

Nothing like having someone threaten your life to rethink where your loyalties lie...
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Randy

Quote from: billy rubin on January 16, 2021, 01:06:52 AM
what's the deal with ted cruz?

he was quick to try to co-op hawley's vendetta against the certification while it was making headlines, but now that the whole thing has been shown up in a bad light he's staying out of sight and letting hawley take all the heat.

i confess that some politicians are so openly worthless that makes me want to take them all and hold their heads in a bucket of water for about twenty minutes, each.

does ted really think that nobody is going to call him out? he has to come up for air sometime.

added. here's th e snake himself:

"What I was doing is debating on the floor of the Senate election integrity," Cruz said during an interview with KXAS-TV, an NBC affiliate in Fort Worth, Texas. "That has nothing to do with this criminal terrorist assault, which was wrong and needs to be prosecuted. It's exactly the opposite. What I was doing is how you're supposed to resolve issues in this country."

Like other lawmakers, Cruz said he believed Trump's rhetoric had contributed to the siege on the Capitol.
It wouldn't surprise me if Teddy boy is investigated. This sounds like the type of thing he'd help instigate or at least goad on.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg