News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Game: The Next Person... (true or false)

Started by Amicale, May 21, 2012, 10:40:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billy rubin

false.

i dont like to eat chicken. or pigs. or cows. or sheep. or fish. or worms. or insects. or crustaceans. or clams. or anything like that.

TNP has picked apples for a living

set the function, not the mechanism.

Bluenose

=== We interrupt this thread for a public Service Announcement ===

For those wishing to have a wombat as a pet: I had a friend who had one back in the day.  While it was still very young, it was indeed a cute little thing, although it did smell funny.  However, once wombats attain adulthood they are anything but cute, and they are quite large being around 1 metre or three feet long, they undermine your house's foundations, destroy your fence and dig huge burrows just right for you to fall into and break your leg.  (My uncle once did this.)  Also, despite their apparent stubby shape, they can run at up to 40 kph, faster than any human.

=== Returning you to normal service ===
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

Anne D.

Thank you for the wombat PSA, Bluenose. I had no idea.

False, but my niece is currently working in the kitchen of an apple orchard. She makes caramel apples and apple cider doughnuts and gets to eat the rejects. I am very jealous. I love caramel apples. They are the ultimate symbol of fall.

The next person has already had their first caramel apple of the season.

Bluenose

False.  Not entirely sure what a caramel apple is, I suspect it's what we call a toffee apple, but in any case it's early spring here, not autumn.

TNP prefers lemon and sugar on their pancakes to maple syrup and butter

GNU Terry Pratchett

Tank

True. But I like both.

TNP likes decorating their home?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

billy rubin

false.

i live at the moment in a metal warehouse with no decoration at all, just motors, tools, books, and an obnoxious old tomcat. if it had windows id fill it with plants, but since it has only roll up doors i have to step outside.

TNP has visited the inside of a submarine

Tank

True. It was an Oberon class diesel electric boat at Chatham navel base in Kent. Very cramped as you'd expect.

TNP has been on a battleship? Not a cruiser or some other type of warship but a true battleship.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Bluenose

False, although I have been to the USS Arizona memorial, does that count?

OH, and I have also been on an "O" boat, twice.  One that was still in commission while it was alongside at the previous submarine base in Sydney, and also ex HMAS Onslow which is preserved as a museum ship at the Darling Harbour Maritime Museum.

TNP has spent more than a week at sea and loved it

GNU Terry Pratchett

billy rubin

true

i used to work summers on a drill ship off the coast of borneo as a kid, and later on geophysical boats in the caribbean doing seismic surveys. generally out five weeks to a couple months before i had to go back to school. fantastic time in tropical waters

TNP has ridden a pig, or tried to

Ecurb Noselrub

False, but I have castrated a pig. Used to work on a farm that raised pigs, so I learned that valuable skill then. It has helped me go far in life.

TNP has an absolutely worthless skill.

Asmodean

True. I'm pretty good at From Software games. Dark Souls, Sekiro, Elden Ring... The lot. Actually, I think that's more an artefact of patience than skill, but there it is.

The next person has played one of the abovementioned games?
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

billy rubin

false. i have played pong, but that was back when you had to drive to a shopping center when it was new. plus ive played tetris two or three times. my kids have various kill-whatever-you-encounter games, but ive never been able to work the controller correctly.

TNP has learned to juggle

Icarus

True if you are talking about juggling budget matters.

TNP has considered buying an electric bicycle or electric scooter.

Bluenose

True, if you count a mobility scooter as an e-scooter.  LOL

TNP thinks mobility scooters are great for grandparents taking the grandkids to the zoo.

GNU Terry Pratchett

Asmodean

True. Also, for Asmos to drive recklessly through malls, libraries and other public places where such behaviour is frowned upon. The Asmo, He'd get one and install a couple of... Whatever passes for the electric motor's version of turbochargers. Yep. Chaos and mayhem and prams and dentures flying in every direction. Glorious.

The next person enjoys musicals?
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.