News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Made it to San Francisco. Staying with Son and daughter in law and her mum as the mum is mostly looking after my granddaughter.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

hermes2015

Quote from: Tank on August 08, 2023, 07:15:16 AMMade it to San Francisco. Staying with Son and daughter in law and her mum as the mum is mostly looking after my granddaughter.

Enjoy!
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

MarcusA

Being a nuisance is a nonsense.
This user has been banned for spamming the forum.

billy rubin

san frnciso!

if you have enough time, take a day and go south to the monterey bay aquarium. in my opinion, its the finest aquarium in the world, and you can mess around in cannery row the rest of the day.

set the function, not the mechanism.

MarcusA

I remembered a quote from Bertrand Russell. Twisted logic is always the best, says I.

Tank

Quote from: billy rubin on August 09, 2023, 04:06:51 AMsan frnciso!

if you have enough time, take a day and go south to the monterey bay aquarium. in my opinion, its the finest aquarium in the world, and you can mess around in cannery row the rest of the day.

Thanks for this advise I'll see what I can do about that.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

billy rubin

it would be the whole day.

but the coast road south is cool too. acres and acres of strawberries and artichokes and scenery.

you could stop for an hour at ano nuevo, where the elephant seals are hauled out on the public beach this time of year and you can run up and kick them and they will kill you.

or watch the hang gliders on the dunes.

or drive along the sag ponds on the san andreas fault. but youre already there

listen to me.

like im some sort of travel agent.

Asmodean

Swine. :smilenod:

"But The Asmo," I hear literally nobody ask, "how are swine of all beings a reason for cheeriness?!"

Glad you didn't ask! They are not. The Asmo, however, is as content as those very swine up to their curly tails in feces because He got the new Flying Deutschmann home, and he's brilliant. :smilenod:
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

Quote from: billy rubin on August 09, 2023, 03:07:57 PMit would be the whole day.

but the coast road south is cool too. acres and acres of strawberries and artichokes and scenery.

you could stop for an hour at ano nuevo, where the elephant seals are hauled out on the public beach this time of year and you can run up and kick them and they will kill you.

or watch the hang gliders on the dunes.

or drive along the sag ponds on the san andreas fault. but youre already there

listen to me.

like im some sort of travel agent.

We're going to make the trip :)

billy rubin

attaboy!

take pitchers

the elephant seals are at bachelor beach. little ones, may 10 feet. theyre the juveniles that cant compete with the big boys yet over with the females at the next beach down

MarcusA

A reason to be cheerful is cheerful people.

The Magic Pudding..

Little Lottey is almost seven weeks old  :)
If you suffer from cosmic vertigo, don't look.

Tank

The Magic Pudding..

If you suffer from cosmic vertigo, don't look.

Tank