News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

HAF Virtual Meetup

Started by Whitney, February 18, 2012, 06:34:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ali

Oooh, DJ, I like it when you take charge!

This Sunday works for me.  Next Sunday (the 10th) does not.  After that, as far as I know, I can make myself available.

OldGit

Sorry, folks - no Skype. 

Tank

If I'm not at my daughters (50:50 atm) I'll join in on Sunday
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Ali

Quote from: OldGit on May 31, 2012, 05:27:52 PM
Sorry, folks - no Skype. 

Skype is free, OG!  You *can* pay for extra stuff, but I have the free version and I intend to keep it that way.

Buddy

Unless I can borrow my mother's computer, its a no show for me.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

joeactor

Post it here... and I'll attend if I'm able!

Firebird

Arrghh...this  Sunday does not work for me, in all likelihood. But if plans fall through, I'll be there
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

DeterminedJuliet

I'm wondering if this Sunday might be too short notice? What about the 17th?
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Tank

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on May 31, 2012, 07:47:18 PM
Do 2.

Whatever date/time you choose somebody won't be able to attend :(
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Firebird

Yeah, Tank's right. Besides, it's not like it would necessarily be the only meetup, hopefully!
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Amicale

I live in eastern standard time, it's currently 3:42 pm - anyhow, this coming Sunday I'll be busy most of the day, but free in the evening - however, I know that's no good for our UK folks. Eh, if I can't join you guys this Sunday, I'll join in for a second meetup :)

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Asmodean

If I am able, I'll show up. Not very talkative lately, but we shall see...
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: Tank on May 31, 2012, 07:52:18 PM
Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on May 31, 2012, 07:47:18 PM
Do 2.

Whatever date/time you choose somebody won't be able to attend :(

This is probably true. Okay, we'll do this weekend and we'll do the 17th. If there's a different time for folks who want to chat on the 17th, or if there's a different program they'd prefer, they have two weeks to chime in :)
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Ali

So how do we do this thing?

Whitney

can someone volunteer to organize it?  I can organize one later but life is a bit messed up for me right now (nothing that won't pass, just dad's death and related issues) and I am doing good to focus on just a few things.