News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

"trump" as the ultimate expletive

Started by Bad Penny II, September 15, 2021, 02:11:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad Penny II

If the HAFian in charge of putting things under the News: near top right of main HAF pages is bereft of inspiration I have a suggestion.

Have you used trump an expletive today?

It's possible that in 5021 "trump" will be worst epithet, be it in glimmering rings around Jupiter, or in squalid squamps on Earth, but first we must use it as should be used, it has to start somewhere.  Obviously, if it's to happen at all.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Anne D.

Mothertrumpers have well and truly trumped trump up. The trumping trump is neverending.

Magdalena

I don't think that Mrumper Frumper deserves that much admiration.  :sulk:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Tank

A 'trump' is another word for a fart in the UK. So he was always seen as a blast of flatulence in the UK.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dark Lightning

Brian Ó Seanacháin

For me the ultimate expletive will always be Evan Evans.

My brother's a member of CAMRA in Swansea and I used pop over on a semi regular basis for beer fests and I saw first hand how much of a dangly bit the owner of the Evan Evans brewery was at a festival in Carmarthen (oh my, I managed to spell that right first time) and realised then why the whole group were constantly shouting them two words.
I like to pay my taxes.  With them I buy civilisation.

Oliver Wendell Holmes Jnr, Supreme Court Justice.

Also, the only GAA in the village.

MarcusA

This user has been banned for spamming the forum.

MarcusA

Icarus

Marcus evidently remembers the bumper stickers that were popular way back in the 80's or nineties. The bumper tickers were philosophic in that they read; Shit Happens.

Tank

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

MarcusA

Quote from: Tank on April 27, 2023, 08:09:13 AMTo Trump is to fart in the UK.

I suppose that Trump would be a trumpeter then.

Tank

MarcusA

Trump is a triumph for populism, trash.

MarcusA

Trump is all rump.
Trump is all about Trump.

Icarus

One of our major news networks, CNN, hosted a trump forum/exhibition  in the state of New Hampshire.  The forum assigned a pretty woman commentator, Kirsten Collins, to conduct the question and answer  forum.....Hopefully in a civilized manner. So much for that optimism. Trump was an overbearing, insensitive, lying, insufferable braggart, interrupting, asshole at every juncture. All 75 minute of it.

Somehow the totally partisan crowd was enthralled by the absurdly transparent lies that The Donald claimed as though the "alternative facts" were plain to see. The audience swallowed it hook line and sinker.  :felix: