News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Rush Limbaugh dead

Started by Ecurb Noselrub, February 17, 2021, 11:21:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecurb Noselrub

I don't wish death on anyone, but Rush was sort of the foundation of a lot of the BS we see today on the American right. Trump is one of his legacies.

No one

It's too bad he didn't burn to death!

billy rubin

some people leave th eworld a better place for their passage.

rush limbaugh was not one of them.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Sandra Craft

I always feel sorry for people who have died, even if I think the world is a better place without them.  And I can't be judgmental about all the people dancing on Limbaugh's grave, considering all the gleeful grave dancing he did in his time.  What goes around, as they say. 
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

billy rubin

here's his legacy

i remember on eor two of these

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Dark Lightning

One of my brothers (maybe more, but I only saw it with the one) used to listen to that ^#$%^&*PESGYQWODTFODLOY#$%^*&. I remember hearing Lush Rimjob talk about "Obama's totalitarian regime", and asking my brother why he listened to that kind of shit. I don't remember his answer, atm. There are people out there who believe that Obama had a "totalitarian regime".  ::)

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Sandra Craft

And then there's this: Limbaugh segment mocking gays who'd died of AIDS.  He stopped the segment after a few weeks because he felt harassed by people who objected to it.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

No one

He was a pure scumbag!
Fuck every single member of his family! May they all meet a gruesome demise.

Tank

Quote from: billy rubin on February 18, 2021, 01:28:30 AM
some people leave th eworld a better place for their passage.

rush limbaugh was not one of them.

I'm confused. I think the world is way better off without this guy.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Ecurb Noselrub

I listened to him in the late 90's.  Like all cults, it starts off slowly - it was mainly about taxes and government regulation, when I listened. Then it started getting mean.  Little by little, people get used to that, and it makes them meaner. They start adopting that mindset.

The lesson for me is that on occasion you have to back out of whatever mindset you are in and look at it objectively. Ask yourself, "is this really how I want to be?".  That's not an easy task, because we get comfortable in whatever set of mental clothes we are wearing. But it is an exercise in self-discipline, so you don't get taken in and hypnotized by the doctrinal programmers, whether they be political, cultural, religious, or whatever. They are all selling something and looking for suckers.

Tom62

I'm glad that I didn't knew him.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Tom62 on February 18, 2021, 03:13:11 PM
I'm glad that I didn't knew him.

You are better off not knowing him.

Icarus

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on February 18, 2021, 01:14:24 PM
I listened to him in the late 90's.  Like all cults, it starts off slowly - it was mainly about taxes and government regulation, when I listened. Then it started getting mean.  Little by little, people get used to that, and it makes them meaner. They start adopting that mindset.

The lesson for me is that on occasion you have to back out of whatever mindset you are in and look at it objectively. Ask yourself, "is this really how I want to be?".  That's not an easy task, because we get comfortable in whatever set of mental clothes we are wearing. But it is an exercise in self-discipline, so you don't get taken in and hypnotized by the doctrinal programmers, whether they be political, cultural, religious, or whatever. They are all selling something and looking for suckers.

EN has nailed it.  The problem is that there are vast armies of humans out there who are incapable or unwilling to look at things objectively.   Backing out of a mindset is difficult for realistic thinkers, damned near impossible for lesser mortals.

Degree of education is thought to be a determinate for the ability to practice objectivity.  That is not always the case.  Think Ted Cruz.  He has an impressive education from prestigious schools. But he is, observably, a real dumb ass who appears to have his mind on a monorail.  Then there are the Q believers. I fear that they are intellectually incapable of weighing evidence, examining history, judging behavioral patterns, considering logical analysis, etc.  Are these people hopeless?  All signs point in that direction............................................Does what I just typed also apply to me?  I am standing in judgement of those nit wits who disagree with me. I will need to stand waaaaay back in my mind set to be sure of my position.  I hope that I have the capacity to do that.