News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

COVID-19

Started by Tank, March 10, 2020, 07:43:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

billy rubin

i am the only one in my workday who wears a mask. this morning i walked into the dispatch office where three or four people were lined up at the counter. friend of mine asked

how much longer are you going to be wearing a mask?

i said

until itz over. 22 people died in my state the day before yesterday and there are still 1000 people a day dying in the country

he was unaware of those figurez, having checked out of the pandemic so.e time aho. he iz a liberal democrat who hatez donald trump

set the function, not the mechanism.

Recusant

It would be splendid if people like him do not have reason to reconsider their dismissal of the bug, but that seems unlikely.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

billy rubin

i agree. my president is havin a rally as i speak. 21 days is the time it seems to take before an infection center is pinpointed

that means ill be watching oklahoma on 10 july.

xSilverPhinx

Brazil just passed the 50,000 death toll...and we all know cases are being under notified in this country. It wouldn't surprise me if we hit the 300,000 mark by the end of this pandemic. Dark times.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Icarus

I was wrong about the creativity of the dotards at the Trump rally.  Not only did they not have cleverly printed red  masks, almost all of them had no mask at all.  Ain't faith grand?

Tank

Quote from: Icarus on June 22, 2020, 12:04:18 AM
I was wrong about the creativity of the dotards at the Trump rally.  Not only did they not have cleverly printed red  masks, almost all of them had no mask at all.  Ain't faith grand?

And apparently the organisers asked the audience to gather in front of the stage so it looked like there were more of them. And Trump accused democrats of buying tickets and not showing up.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

billy rubin

where trump got trolled was in the hundreds of thousands of rezervations the kpop crowd made. that told the organizers that it would be a packed house, and so they made embarrassingly overoptimistic preparations.

lol. my heart bleeds.

you can sign up for his rallies online. ive made a rezervation already for hiz rally in arizona tomorrow.

dont think ill be able to make it.

xSilverPhinx

My mother's students, a husband and wife couple who were in denial and laughed off the severity of the covid-19 pandemic now have a 44 year old otherwise previously healthy son in the ICU. According to neighborhood gossip, exams indicate he might have to be intubated soon. Now they're scared out of their wits. Fact is, roughly half of covid patients who make it into the ICU go there to die. 

Why weren't they scared sooner? The lot of them being smarter could have saved their son and others from all the pain and despair. Who knows how many other denialists they infected so far with their stupid ways?

Cases are rapidly growing in southern Brazil, where I live. I am scared.   

xSilverPhinx

Apparently many hospitals in more afflicted regions have run out of anesthetic. Imagine having to be intubated without anesthetic?

In other news, seems like facemasks have given people a false sense of security, like it's now ok to go out and interact with people. They help slow infection but they don't protect wearers against infection. Even though we're (Brazil) still on the steep upward curve local governors and mayors are opening commerce and flexibilizing social isolation measures. Precisely what they shouldn't be doing. But of course, money speaks louder than lives. It comes down to that.

Personally, I would rather be thousands of dollars in debt and deal with that after this pandemic than lose a loved one.     

billy rubin

wtf

i waked in on my human resorces manager to talk about something totally innocuous and she laughed in my face.

is this not normal in these strange day?

Randy

Quote from: billy rubin on June 23, 2020, 01:00:46 AM
wtf

i waked in on my human resorces manager to talk about something totally innocuous and she laughed in my face.

is this not normal in these strange day?

You have to admit Billy, you are quite colorful! :lol:

Seriously though, isn't anyone else in the office wearing a mask?
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

billy rubin

no one in my industry wears a mask. at my company or elsewhere.

im in the oil patch, very blue collar, republican, and trump-oriented. im also in appalachia to start with. truck driverz, well tenders, equipment operators, wireline and wellhead crews, water transfwr, energy services and so on

covid 19 is a hoax, first, and over, second. there are no masks in my workday except mine.

Randy

Quote from: billy rubin on June 23, 2020, 02:03:51 AM
covid 19 is a hoax, first, and over, second. there are no masks in my workday except mine.
How can something which was a hoax to begin with be over?

Keep yourself well.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

joeactor

xSp: It's getting to be just as bad in the US. Very little understanding of face masks. Worn wrong or not at all. No distancing. Seriously can't get why the concept is so difficult.

Billy: Looking good!

Stay safe all...

And in other news: antibodies may not last (so much for herd immunity)
https://www.newsweek.com/coronavirus-antibodies-lost-10-wuhan-study-patients-within-21-days-1511850

Recusant

If these studies are giving an accurate picture, it appears to me that within a year we'll be reading about studies of people who've been re-infected with the bug.  :-\ :ppe:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken