Main Menu

COVID-19

Started by Tank, March 10, 2020, 07:43:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Quote from: Davin on April 09, 2020, 10:40:54 PM
Quote from: Tank on April 09, 2020, 10:37:09 PM
Quote from: No one on April 09, 2020, 10:33:01 PM
I don't need a mask, I have my essential oils.

Ah! But if you put the essential oils on the mask they would be 387% more effective!
Don't you have to dilute them first?

How do you dilute a mask?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Davin

Quote from: Tank on April 09, 2020, 10:44:11 PM
Quote from: Davin on April 09, 2020, 10:40:54 PM
Quote from: Tank on April 09, 2020, 10:37:09 PM

Ah! But if you put the essential oils on the mask they would be 387% more effective!
Don't you have to dilute them first?

How do you dilute a mask?
I think put a scrap in a gallon of water. then take a drop of that and put it into a new gallon of water. Then drink it and you won't have to wear a mask any more.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

No one

With WD-40 of course.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: billy rubin on April 09, 2020, 10:18:47 PM
dunno

my lovely wife is making me another out if fabric printed in imagez of insectz

film at 11

I'm going to buy better made face masks on Etsy as soon as I have he spare $$.  I found one shop that'll make me a mask that looks like I have a cat nose.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

billy rubin

lol

the new fashion trend of this century. i suspect face maskz will be normalized

any predictions of the future of facial recognition surveillance in an age of face masks?

set the function, not the mechanism.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: billy rubin on April 10, 2020, 02:10:34 AMany predictions of the future of facial recognition surveillance in an age of face masks?

Irises are still exposed!  :(
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Sandra Craft on April 10, 2020, 01:40:46 AM
Quote from: billy rubin on April 09, 2020, 10:18:47 PM
dunno

my lovely wife is making me another out if fabric printed in imagez of insectz

film at 11

I'm going to buy better made face masks on Etsy as soon as I have he spare $$.  I found one shop that'll make me a mask that looks like I have a cat nose.

:grin: :grin: :grin: That sounds like a great design!

Dark Lightning

In the wood working business/hobby, there are face shields that have air drawn through a HEPA filter via fan. I'm going to look into that. I worked in the HAZMAT field for a short time, and the self-contained breathing apparatus could be a real pain, for humidity control, having to go to the bathroom when you're going to be in it for potentially a few hours, and also what you had for dinner that could be polluting the inside of the suit.  :-[

hermes2015

I would carry some crystals as well, just to make sure.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

hermes2015

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 09, 2020, 09:10:37 PM
Quote from: hermes2015 on April 09, 2020, 08:35:12 PM
It has just been announced that our country-wide lockdown has been increased by two weeks from the initial 3, and will now be in effect until the end of April. The Latest figures show that out of a population of about 55 million, we have had 1934 cases, 45 recoveries, and 18 deaths.

South Africa seems to be in better shape so far compared to Brazil (probably because of an overall younger population?). Of a total population of a little over 211 million people, they're saying we have about 16,000 confirmed cases and 800 confirmed deaths (as of yesterday).

I don't believe these numbers because these are confirmed cases, that is, those that tested positive for COVID-19.  The Brazilian healthcare system isn't testing as much as other countries such as the US. I'd bet the real number of deaths is at least twice that.

It's estimated that around 7 to 8% are over 60 years old. I forgot to add that 63776 tests have been done, but I don't know how that compares to other countries.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tank

Quote from: hermes2015 on April 10, 2020, 04:14:30 AM

I would carry some crystals as well, just to make sure.

Make sure they are crystals of essential oils!
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

No one

That kind of power would reset the universe.

Tank

Quote from: No one on April 10, 2020, 07:39:51 AM
That kind of power would reset the universe.

And that is a problem because?

No one

What if this new universe didn't get a Jesus Christ to die for it?

xSilverPhinx

New study out today on a worrying effect the new coronavirus has on the brain. It's the same as previously seen in some patients who recover from severe influenza infection, namely the necrosis (tissue death) of the thalamic area. This region plays an important role in sensory input to the brain (sight, touch, taste and hearing --  not smell) and consciousness.

Neurologic Manifestations of Hospitalized Patients With Coronavirus Disease 2019 in Wuhan, China (Open Access)

QuoteFindings:  In a case series of 214 patients with coronavirus disease 2019, neurologic symptoms were seen in 36.4% of patients and were more common in patients with severe infection (45.5%) according to their respiratory status, which included acute cerebrovascular events, impaired consciousness, and muscle injury.