News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

COVID-19

Started by Tank, March 10, 2020, 07:43:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandra Craft

I thought this was interesting, particularly since if true it means I've already had Covid-19.  Still wearing a face mask outside, even tho the one I hand-stitched makes me look like I have a diaper on my face.

Your December cough could have been Covid-19
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Davin

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on April 09, 2020, 12:18:24 AM
Quote from: Davin on April 07, 2020, 03:16:00 PM

AZ -> NM -> TX -> OK -> AR -> TN and then back again. Half of it was at night so we couldn't see much during that time. When we could see, there were some good sights.

Sounds like you were on I-40 for a while, following the old Route 66 for a good distance.  A classic drive.
Yeah, the I-40 for almost the whole trip. I imagine the drive was better normal because there was hardly any traffic.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Davin

Quote from: Sandra Craft on April 09, 2020, 07:19:34 AM
I thought this was interesting, particularly since if true it means I've already had Covid-19.  Still wearing a face mask outside, even tho the one I hand-stitched makes me look like I have a diaper on my face.

I got really sick in December. Even with a flu shot, but those are not 100% so maybe or maybe not. I still wear a mask and act like I might currently have it.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

xSilverPhinx

I'm worried because winter is still coming to southern Brazil. It doesn't get too cold (compared to some places up north far from the equator) but it gets cold enough for the incidence of flu-like respiratory illnesses to spike. The new coronavirus is probably not any different and will probably peak in June or July down here.

A COVID-19 vaccine will take longer than that (probably only in 2021). Other effective antiviral drugs and therapies are likely to come before the vaccine. Because of the time it takes to develop these, I'm guessing down here we will either have a very long first wave or a definite second wave coming. Looks like we're in it for the long haul. :sad sigh: 

This year is lost. 
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Sandra Craft on April 09, 2020, 07:19:34 AM

I read that! My wife and I both suspect that we may have had it last December as well, based on the symptoms. I'd be ecstatic if that were the case, considering that we lived through it. The caveat would be that maybe what is sweeping through now is a more virulent mutant of that strain.  :???: I'm going to be extremely careful until we find out for certain.

hermes2015

It has just been announced that our country-wide lockdown has been increased by two weeks from the initial 3, and will now be in effect until the end of April. The Latest figures show that out of a population of about 55 million, we have had 1934 cases, 45 recoveries, and 18 deaths.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: hermes2015 on April 09, 2020, 08:35:12 PM
It has just been announced that our country-wide lockdown has been increased by two weeks from the initial 3, and will now be in effect until the end of April. The Latest figures show that out of a population of about 55 million, we have had 1934 cases, 45 recoveries, and 18 deaths.

South Africa seems to be in better shape so far compared to Brazil (probably because of an overall younger population?). Of a total population of a little over 211 million people, they're saying we have about 16,000 confirmed cases and 800 confirmed deaths (as of yesterday).

I don't believe these numbers because these are confirmed cases, that is, those that tested positive for COVID-19.  The Brazilian healthcare system isn't testing as much as other countries such as the US. I'd bet the real number of deaths is at least twice that.

billy rubin

my masks aren't fire retardant like the rest of the shit i wear.  all my clothing has to be FR on the outer layer.

but in reality, if a welll blows, all that FR clothing will do is keep my ashes in one place so that they can be poured into a box easier.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

No one

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: billy rubin on April 09, 2020, 09:15:53 PM
my masks aren't fire retardant like the rest of the shit i wear.  all my clothing has to be FR on the outer layer.

but in reality, if a welll blows, all that FR clothing will do is keep my ashes in one place so that they can be poured into a box easier.

How do the fire breathers feel about a non FR face mask?  ;D

billy rubin

dunno

my lovely wife is making me another out if fabric printed in imagez of insectz

film at 11

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Tank

I have taken the plunge and bought a sewing machine. Will be taking orders from the 21st of April :D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

No one

I don't need a mask, I have my essential oils.

Tank

Quote from: No one on April 09, 2020, 10:33:01 PM

Ah! But if you put the essential oils on the mask they would be 387% more effective!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Davin

Quote from: Tank on April 09, 2020, 10:37:09 PM
Quote from: No one on April 09, 2020, 10:33:01 PM

Ah! But if you put the essential oils on the mask they would be 387% more effective!
Don't you have to dilute them first?