News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

COVID-19

Started by Tank, March 10, 2020, 07:43:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recusant

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

billy rubin

well, i have a dilemma, one that lots of people have, unfortunately.

the number two son is 17 years old, last night he had a fever of 100.5 F and joint pains. today the fever is gone, but he has a headache. no sore throat, no difficulty breathing.

i took today off, with no symptoms. i have two more days off before i am scheduled to back to work. my job requires me to be within a meter of someone else's perhaps four or five times in a workday. a total of five people i hand a piece of paper to, or take one from.

i'm trying to decide whether to stay in the house and self-quarantine for the next two weeks or go to work.

no way to get the boy tested in the united states. i am leaning towards staying home.

set the function, not the mechanism.

Tank

Well the UK is now in lockdown with all non-essential shops to close, all people are to stay at home except for work, food shopping and medical works, no meetings of more that 2 people (excepting from the same household), and one exercise excursion per day.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

Quote from: billy rubin on March 23, 2020, 09:18:30 PM
well, i have a dilemma, one that lots of people have, unfortunately.

the number two son is 17 years old, last night he had a fever of 100.5 F and joint pains. today the fever is gone, but he has a headache. no sore throat, no difficulty breathing.

i took today off, with no symptoms. i have two more days off before i am scheduled to back to work. my job requires me to be within a meter of someone else's perhaps four or five times in a workday. a total of five people i hand a piece of paper to, or take one from.

i'm trying to decide whether to stay in the house and self-quarantine for the next two weeks or go to work.

no way to get the boy tested in the united states. i am leaning towards staying home.

Can you put the paper down and have the other pick it up and visa versa?
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

billy rubin

its the paper itself that is transferred. some of the places i go right now won't sign my bills anymore, which is fine. i just mark them "customer did not sign," and we're good.

if i do go back to work, i'm not going to any frac sites or drilling rigs, they're full of people who can't wash, and the environment is loud, so everybody leans in close and says, "whhat?"

i'll be doing nothing but loading water at the well, which is 100 percent solitary, and delivering to an injection well, which requires me to just hand the paper out the window of the truck for a signature and take it back.

Tank

Quote from: billy rubin on March 23, 2020, 09:28:57 PM
its the paper itself that is transferred. some of the places i go right now won't sign my bills anymore, which is fine. i just mark them "customer did not sign," and we're good.

if i do go back to work, i'm not going to any frac sites or drilling rigs, they're full of people who can't wash, and the environment is loud, so everybody leans in close and says, "whhat?"

i'll be doing nothing but loading water at the well, which is 100 percent solitary, and delivering to an injection well, which requires me to just hand the paper out the window of the truck for a signature and take it back.

It sounds relatively safe to me.

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Sandra Craft

Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Ecurb Noselrub

My county is now under a shelter-in-place order.  Wanna hear something funny?  All gatherings of over 50 are prohibited, so churches can't meet,  but liquor stores are considered an "essential business"! Some fundamentalist somewhere is going crazy.

Dark Lightning

:lol: They all drink the cooking sherry when no one is looking, anyway.

Magdalena

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on March 24, 2020, 01:31:09 AM
My county is now under a shelter-in-place order.  Wanna hear something funny?  All gatherings of over 50 are prohibited, so churches can't meet,  but liquor stores are considered an "essential business"! Some fundamentalist somewhere is going crazy.
:notsure:
It's just different spirits.
In the name of the brandy
the whiskey
and the gin or rum.
~Amen.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Tank

:rofl: Do liquor stores just sell booze or are they general stores that are licenced to sell booze as well?

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Tank on March 24, 2020, 06:51:54 AM

:rofl: Do liquor stores just sell booze or are they general stores that are licenced to sell booze as well?

Only liquor stores sell liquor, but you can buy beer and wine in other stores.

Actually, the order prohibits gatherings of 10 or more.  Austin is issuing one today, so basically our society is shut down from Dallas to Austin, a 200 mile swath down the center of Texas.  All larger cities are moving in this direction.

Ecurb Noselrub

Walmart is opening at 6 this morning for seniors, so we can get toilet paper, etc., before others get it.  So I'm here at 4:50, and there are 2 people in line.  I figure I can out run them or run over them to get to the paper goods.🤣

Wisdom for the day: the reason we have a toilet paper shortage is because of assholes.

billy rubin

when i lived in midland county, andrews to the north was completely dry. if you wanted beer there you had to drive to where i lived.

really you just had to get to the county line, because there was always a liquor store just over.