News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

COVID-19

Started by Tank, March 10, 2020, 07:43:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Lightning

At 65+ I was allowed into a local grocery store an hour early, like about 500 other people.  ::) Got some cereal, vegetables and a whole chicken. We were restricted to the one chicken. That'll make about a meal and a half for the four of us, because it will be in a soup with lots of vegetation. Don't need didn't buy toilet paper, which was non-existent already. I saw people buying stacks of paper plates, like about 500 in a bag.  :???:

Kusa

500 paper plates? That's crazy. I don't need a plate most of the time. I eat right out of a can and just throw it away. I've been keeping the labels lately just in case I need something to wipe my butt with later on when the TP runs out.

joeactor

Quote from: Dark Lightning on March 18, 2020, 04:13:49 PM
At 65+ I was allowed into a local grocery store an hour early, like about 500 other people.  ::) Got some cereal, vegetables and a whole chicken. We were restricted to the one chicken. That'll make about a meal and a half for the four of us, because it will be in a soup with lots of vegetation. Don't need didn't buy toilet paper, which was non-existent already. I saw people buying stacks of paper plates, like about 500 in a bag.  :???:

Our local store (Trader Joe's) was letting older folks in about 30 minutes early, instead of waiting in line.
For some reason Corporate told them they couldn't do that... I don't get it.

They're having people line up outside to limit how many are in at a time. Seems to be working well. Also limiting how much you can buy of some items. Still no TP, but found some on Ebay... From China!

Tank

New dry cough and feeling a high temperature.  >:(
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

billy rubin

oooh

a dispatcher in my office showed up for work with a fever.

i cannot believe the willful ignorance of some people

i expected nothing but im still disappointed

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tank on March 19, 2020, 06:27:26 AM

That sucks  :(

What are the government's recommendations in the UK on when to go to the hospital? Here they're basically pleading people not to hospitals unless they're having trouble breathing.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dark Lightning

Tank, that's not good- like you need to be told. Stay with us!
Billy, I hope that the dispatcher doesn't have it.

xSilverPhinx

When I was commenting to my family that now is definitely not a good time to get sick for any reason, my brother (who's way more well-to-do than me) says he's not worried about COVID-19, if he needs to he'll just pay for a private hospital. I'm like, 'Bro, do you really think private hospitals won't also be operating at full capacity in a very short while?'

::)

Then he goes on saying that people die everyday for a variety of reasons, totally ignoring the fact that yes, many people will die avoidable deaths but this goes way beyond death rates. This virus has serious non-health related implications for a lot of people...such as not getting paid because they're not going to work and are unable to work from home.

Some people still have their heads in the clouds.  ::) My brother is such a good guy but he can really be so dumb at times.

jumbojak

I'm seriously wondering what's going to happen. Right now I'm making next to nothing at work. We haven't shut down completely but it's only a matter of time and in the meantime I don't qualify for any sort of unemployment benefit. This is getting crazy.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Recusant

Please take care. Drink plenty of liquids, and if you begin to have any difficulty with breathing, get to a hospital ASAP.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on March 19, 2020, 01:40:26 PM
I'm seriously wondering what's going to happen. Right now I'm making next to nothing at work. We haven't shut down completely but it's only a matter of time and in the meantime I don't qualify for any sort of unemployment benefit. This is getting crazy.

Yeah :(

I'm guessing these lockdowns are going to last at least a couple of months, which means a lot of people are going to find themselves in a lot of financial trouble. Basic supplies are going to take priority over bills but when everything goes back to normal those unpaid bills are still going to be there. It's fucked up.

Tank

Quote from: Recusant on March 19, 2020, 01:50:22 PM

Please take care. Drink plenty of liquids, and if you begin to have any difficulty with breathing, get to a hospital ASAP.

Yes Mum!
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Tank

Feeling better now. Still a bit shaky. It may not be CV19 after all. But I really hope it is. Iwant to get this over and done with.

hermes2015

How are you feeling now? Please keep us updated.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tank

Quote from: hermes2015 on March 19, 2020, 02:42:36 PM

How are you feeling now? Please keep us updated.

See two posts up  ;D