News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

COVID-19

Started by Tank, March 10, 2020, 07:43:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

billy rubin

i do not have a verified source for these numbers. looks like a micrtosfot spreadsheet

should it be accurate, the important thing to notice is that the united states is precisely tracking the decline of italy during its initial free fall.

in america, we not only have a someone in charge who is having dificulty grasping the situation, we do not have a medical infrastructure that can cope with a major crisis.

i might be wrong, and i hope i am, but it looks like the states is heading for a problem.

i expected nothing but im still disappointed

joeactor

also in Los Angeles (tho I was supposed to be in Barcelona this week).

Everything mostly shut down in both locations.

Also, no toilet paper and a lot of food gone. Hoarding big time.

I think the Trump presidency is an intelligence test.

No one

Churches are closing in the wake of this virus. I guess science conquers faith. Who would have thought it?

Davin

Quote from: joeactor on March 16, 2020, 11:13:46 PM
I think the Trump presidency is an intelligence test.
It doesn't look like we're passing...
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Tank

I just popped to my local supermarket (Sainsbury's) to get some stir fry bits. It has been stripped clean of virtually everything edible, fresh, tinned and dried. I have never experienced anything like this before.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

billy rubin

interesting. we've got a half dozen goats so if the end of the world approaches we'll postpone it a few weeks.

here in america people are lining up to buy guns:

while in amsterdam they're apparently lining up to buy dope:

i figure we've got a week or ten days before they force a mandatory quarantine in ohio the way they did in the san francisco bay area. i imagine i'll be in an exempt occupation, because the oil wells have to be attended unless they shut them in, and nobody wants to do that, ever, if they can help it.

Kusa

I'm glad I don't have to buy any guns or ammo.

I don't have to worry about food either.

Toilet paper, I might have a problem with that if this persists. I might need to save the labels off the tins of food for this.

billy rubin

Icarus

^ That is devilishly creative Billy.

Dark Lightning

Pretty sure that the shower head in the master bath would reach that far, and I can guarantee that I could put an extension on the hose. Butt we are still water-challenged here in California, so probably not a good option, even if the spray would provide a pleasurable tickle to the bottom of my scrotum:-[

hermes2015

Quote from: Tank on March 17, 2020, 08:32:41 PM
I just popped to my local supermarket (Sainsbury's) to get some stir fry bits. It has been stripped clean of virtually everything edible, fresh, tinned and dried. I have never experienced anything like this before.

I went my local Pick n Pay supermarket yesterday and found the stock levels on the shelves close to normal. I was told that there had been low numbers of customers. Starting today they have a special shopping hour every Wednesday from 07:00 to 08:00, exclusively for people over 65 who want to avoid crowded places. I suppose I'll have to show my ID because I look 35.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

xSilverPhinx

I went to a supermarket nearby and while it wasn't filled with panic-stricken customers, many shelves were empty. There was only one brand of rice -- I'm guessing the leftover 'meh' brand (which I bought anyway) -- hardly no canned food, and when they bought out a cart of alcohol 46% people started attacking it. 46% isn't even that effective. ::) 
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

jumbojak

I'm going to hit the grocery store myself today. Hopefully there's... Something.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on March 18, 2020, 01:27:23 PM
I'm going to hit the grocery store myself today. Hopefully there's... Something.

Good luck, JJ  :haironfire:

xSilverPhinx

As I left the supermarket yesterday I was reminded of this conversation between Gandalf and Frodo:

So I took it out of context and I'm like, damn...

Maybe I should have gone to the supermarket earlier and I wouldn't be stuck with 5kg of 'meh' rice. :deadpan: But then again I remembered that time management never really was my thing so there's no point beating myself over it.