Another Mass Shooting

billy rubin

• humble azpirant to the throne3 of typos
  • i actually do not know what LætusAtheos means
Re: Another Mass Shooting
« Reply #285 on: April 20, 2021, 07:55:29 PM »
im sorry for the digression, but hunter was magnificent in this motion picture

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TljLPFa_vNU

Born without a brain, doctors look inside six years later and are amazed at what they find!

Ecurb Noselrub

• No Wall in my name!!!
« Reply #286 on: April 20, 2021, 08:22:28 PM »
Another "go figure" is the news that Texas legislators are moving to make it permissible for any citizen to open carry. No license or training required.  Given the current climate of  shootings, including the one in Austin (capitol of the state of Texas), WTF are these legislators thinking?  Are they thinking the deal about " a good guy with a gun versus a bad guy with a gun" thing?  That only works if the good guy kills the bad guy before the bad guy reveals the details of his deranged mission. In which case the good guy is  the murderer and is subject to prosecution..............except in Texas?????

Somehow I cannot envision Ecurb with a 44 magnum revolver in his holster while at the Dairy queen.

I only carry my 44 mag at high quality restaurants.  If I'm just stopping for a cone I rely on my Bowie knife.

jumbojak

• Chandler's Pale Cock Slurper
  • The Iconic Iconoclast
« Reply #287 on: April 21, 2021, 01:33:10 AM »
arizona is open carry by anybody.

i worked a cash register in a circle K convenience store in mesa, arizona when i was in school. people walked in with guns all the time, every day. little pistols, 45s, single action revolvers, of all things. you didn't pay any attention to it because you assumed that everybody you saw was armed, whether you saw a gun or not.

just part of that culture. my wife worked alone in the mountains on her masters thesis, and she wore a .357 all day long, even under her chest waders out in the cienegas.

Astonishing.

Virginia is an open carry state in most locations. The state recently allowed localities to place restrictions, but only highly urban areas are doing so. It really isn't an issue though.

Our CCW permit is also reciprocated by, I think, 37 states. That could change any day now, so I'll be getting a Utah nonresident permit. The training is done, fingerprints are in the works, and then there is a lengthy and thorough background check. But, Utah is unlikely to revoke reciprocity, so I won't have to be concerned about crossing state lines so long as I don't travel North.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Icarus

• The wise one.
« Reply #288 on: May 27, 2021, 06:25:58 AM »
Another one today in San Jose. Nine dead, others injured.  (sigh!)

Tank

« Reply #289 on: May 27, 2021, 07:07:35 AM »
These are so common they don't make the news in the UK any more.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
“Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt.” ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.